I know you’re not quite past the news that just broke of “No MOTO until late ’09”. It’s a little unpleasant, however here’s something to take your mind off of it. The guys at Motorola have been working hard to bring us their own very high-end handset. So here comes the Aura, begging to be ogled by you at least for few moments. This high end deviceÂ seems to be giving the Vertus and the Mobiados a run for their money.
According to the Motorola site the device is defined to be the return of Artistry and this is what they define it to be
Inspired by luxury watches and handcrafted design, AURA is a unique handset that breaks convention and re-establishes artistry in mobile device design and manufacturing. Combining superb craftsmanship and a distinctive interface, AURA delivers a sensory experience that is second to none for those with refined tastes. From the moment AURA owners pick up their devices, they elevate their own experience in luxury and unmatched quality.
The specs include:
- Messaging – MMS,Â SMS, Email (POP3/IMAP embedded)1, Open Source
- Audio – AAC, AAC+,Â AAC+ Enhanced, MIDI, MP3, WAV, WMA v10, WMA v9
- Video – Capture/Playback, Capture/Playback/Streaming1, H.263, H.264, MPEG4
- Camera – 2 MP, Fixed Focus
- On Board Memory – 2GB user available memory2
- Connectivity – Stereo Bluetooth3 Class 1, Version 2.0 plus EDR and A2DP, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Browser – Open Source
- Bands/Modes – GSM 850/900/1800/1900, EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12
- Weight – 141.00 g
- Dimensions – 47.60 x 96.87 x 18.55mm
- Display – 1.55â€ in diameter, 480 pixel diameter, LCD round
- Battery – 810 mAh typical, 780 mAH minimum
- Standby Time – Up to approximately 400 hours
- Talk Time – Up to approximately 7.3 hours
Can you see the number 3 followed by a G in the specs? Neither can I.Â Also missing, WiFi and GPS.Â While it’s not a smart phone, we are still starting to look for those features as standard.