CES Android Goodies #2:NIMble
You know you’re gonna get something that looks special when it’s designed by the Product Design Lead from the first iPhone.Â That’s exactly what happened here with Touch Revolution‘s NIMble.
Conceived as a desk phone with a 7″ touch screen, this device sports a 600MHz+ processor and SD card slot.Â Although we haven’t played with one of these in person, we’re thinking it would look really nice on our dashboard, running Google Maps and other Android apps!Â It’s also sized to sit on our desk at work so we can monitor feeds and emails all day without squinting.Â It could also be the last thing you glance at on your way out the door to check weather and traffic before heading off to work.Â So many possibilities!
So what exactly is a NIMble?Â It’s a Natural Interface Module, silly!Â Built with Android and their own blend of proprietary software, this device is capable of taking your voice mails and emailing them to you.Â Although the unit is not complete or ready to roll out the door just yet, we’re hoping it maintains the look and aesthetics. Look for this to hit around September with a $300-ish price tag.
As of today, the detailed specs include:
- Main Processor Minimum -Â 600MHz StrongARM
- Memory 128 MB DDR RAM, 512 MB NAND Flash
- Expanded Storage SD Card Slot
- Screen DIMENSIONS 4.3â€, 7â€, 10â€
- Resolution 480 x 272, 800 x 480 and higher
- Touch Sensor Type Multi-Touch Projective Capacitive Glass Surface
- Connectivity 802.11 b/g WiFi, Bluetooth, USB 1.0/2.0, Ethernet
- Audio Stereo Speakers, Stereo Headset Jack, Directional Microphone,
- Bluetoothâ„¢ 2.0/2.1 + EDR stereo (A2DP) range of 10 meters
- Camera 2MP CMOS Camera, 15fps full resolution video, 30fps 1MP video