Android 1.1 SDK Released
There are a few API’s changes available for development including:
- Adds annotations for test systems, no actual (non-test) API changes.
- Adds a method to allow a process to easily determine its UID.
- Adds support for marquee in layouts.
- Adds new methods for determining padding in views. Useful if you are writing your own subclasses of View.
- Adds new permissions that allow an application to broadcast an SMS or WAP Push message.
- API cleanup: removes protected constructor from SDK-bound system images.
Read more at the Android Developers Blog!
You might also like
The Boy Genius Report is advising today that the “Facebook phone” HTC ChaCha will be getting a very Facebook-like (See what we did there?) name when it comes to AT&T.
The flagship smartphone may be offered in two versions: high-end metal case with flexible display and traditional plastic The Samsung Galaxy S5 could arrive in February or March 2014 and
Sony has officially announced the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, and it looks pretty slick. As far as specs, we’re looking at: 10.1-inch Android 4.1 1920 x 1200 display quad-core 1.5GHz