Android 1.1 SDK Released
There are a few API’s changes available for development including:
- Adds annotations for test systems, no actual (non-test) API changes.
- Adds a method to allow a process to easily determine its UID.
- Adds support for marquee in layouts.
- Adds new methods for determining padding in views. Useful if you are writing your own subclasses of View.
- Adds new permissions that allow an application to broadcast an SMS or WAP Push message.
- API cleanup: removes protected constructor from SDK-bound system images.
Read more at the Android Developers Blog!
You might also like
Our latest podcast, #40, is in the can and available for downloads and streaming. Joining me this week was resident AndroidGal Nicole, Nick Gray (HTC Source), Andrew Kamika (Androinica), and
The Toshiba Thrive is just 6 days away from its June 13th release, so we though we would go over some of the specs and features, just to jog your memory.