Android 1.1 SDK Released
There are a few API’s changes available for development including:
- Adds annotations for test systems, no actual (non-test) API changes.
- Adds a method to allow a process to easily determine its UID.
- Adds support for marquee in layouts.
- Adds new methods for determining padding in views. Useful if you are writing your own subclasses of View.
- Adds new permissions that allow an application to broadcast an SMS or WAP Push message.
- API cleanup: removes protected constructor from SDK-bound system images.
Read more at the Android Developers Blog!
You might also like
News360, the popular newsreader application for Android and iPhone, is seeing a new update today with a 2.0 release. As one of the first tablet applications we really fell in
We saw it coming earlier this month, and now it’s official. Corning made their official announcement for Gorilla Glass 2. The new iteration uses a new and different material that
We’ve noticed that HTC is trying their best to bring an amazing experience to their customers as of late. The HTC One X was the king of the show at