GSMA Award Winning Mobile Messaging Solution now Available to Operators and Device Manufacturers on Android Platform
GSMA Mobile World Congress Barcelona and Redwood City, CA – February 16th
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
– SEVENÂ®, a global leader in mobile email and messaging software, today announced the availability of its award-winning mobile messaging solution for the Android platform. SEVEN is the first Android solution to address both personal and business mobile email-along with calendars and contacts-on one intuitive and integrated client interface. The SEVEN Android client is available today for carriers and device manufacturers who plan to embed mobile email solutions on Android devices. SEVEN is currently demonstrating Android solutions at the GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Device manufacturers and service providers seeking to deploy Android solutions can now benefit from SEVEN’s experience launching literally hundreds of devices and global messaging services worldwide. SEVEN has developed best practices for success, resulting in near 100% adoption of mobile messaging services on specific devices.
SEVEN on the Android platform will provide the proven robust features that have resulted in other highly successful messaging services including:
- Ultra-simple activation: same easy, two-click activation that’s available today from SEVEN on many devices can also be pre-configured for Android so that end-users only have to enter their email address and password.
- Support for business email: provides mobile subscribers with seamless and secure access to Microsoft Exchange or IBM Lotus Domino corporate email, which represents 80% of the corporate email services in use without installing any software behind the firewall.
- Easy access to popular Internet email: consumers have instant access to multiple accounts from popular providers such as AOL, Gmail, Microsoft Live Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo! and other internet email providers as needed to support local markets.
- Integrated contact management and search: for contacts stored on the device as well as remote contact lists from personal address books and corporate directories.
- Robust calendar support: ability to edit, delete and add appointments from personal or business calendars including Microsoft Exchange.
“We are experiencing strong demand from both carriers and device manufacturer partners for Android solutions”, said David Ratner Senior Vice President, Engineering and Delivery. “We see tremendous opportunity to improve on what is currently available and provide richer, more functional Android devices to end-users around the world. Support of Android is a natural evolution of our strategy to enable mobile network operators, service providers and handset makers to offer a superior messaging experience across a wide range of mobile devices.”
SEVEN is primarily deployed by carriers and enterprises as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution with a robust backend solution that easily integrates with other communication systems. Starting in Q2, users with compatible phones will be able to download the Android Mobile email client from the SEVEN community site at http://community.seven.com or directly from the Android market.