BuddyMob Fine-Tuned for Optimal Performance
Brussels,Â 26 MarchÂ 2009 – BuddyMob is a free, cool application for mobile devices, made by Kiboo. BuddyMob gives you access to all your social networking applications like Twitter, MSN, Gtalk and AIM and use them simultaneously from your mobile phone, via one simple log-in.
With the app, you can also find out where your friends are and be notified when they’re near you, thanks to a mash-up with GoogleMaps. Over 50.000 people have already downloaded BuddyMob via the Android Market and the application currently sits at number 5 in the Android download chart.Â BuddyMob is already very popular in the US and even more famous in New York.Â More the 5.000 ‘Buddies’ in Manhattan (10% of all users) are frequent users of the Belgian application.
Christophe Hocquet, CEO and co-Founder, Kiboo: ‘Our research has shown that around 60% of consumers are members of more than one social network. The service that BuddyMob provides, integrating all social network feeds and creating a new way to be constantly connected to friends, meets this trend head on.’
BuddyMob in a nutshell:
- Easily sign-in and create your account
â€¢ Invite your friends and connect to other BuddyMob members
â€¢ Post in your live feeds (pics, videos, text, url, sounds,..)
â€¢ Cross post to your favorite social sites
- Share your friends feeds
â€¢ Instantly chat with your friends (whatever their IM app)
- Check your location and locate your friends
â€¢ Get location alerts when your friends are close
Thanks to the feedback and input of users, BuddyMob will be fine-tuned within next weeks for optimal performance:
- BuddyMob meets the wishes of users and emphasizes on ‘getting together’ and ‘meeting people’. From now on you can easily update your profile and make different selections on country, profile, gender or age. The results are compiled on your selection and radius. BuddyMob also introduces a public timeline so members can follow public feeds from anybody, anywhere and anytime.
- BuddyMob will be even more user friendly. Kiboo will create an additional and better support for other social networks Facebook, Yahoo, GTalk and AIM.
- Another novelty is the XMPP protocol support. BuddyMob uses this protocol to connect with the mobile network and push instantly the information. But some operators block this protocol and only use HTTP access. Because of that, users had problems connecting with BuddyMob. That’s why Kiboo developed and implemented a tool that automatically switches from XMPP to HTTP protocol.
- In June, BuddyMob will be available for all iPhone and iTouch users, following the SDK 3.0 launch by Apple. There will be a few differences in comparison with the Android application but most of the features will be available, in addition with the fantastic ergonomy of the iPhone.
- Kiboo is also working on a BuddyMob Symbian version. This version will be launched later this year.
- A German and a French version will be released soon for the German and French market.
More information about BuddyMob and a demo: www.buddymob.com
Kiboo was founded in 2005 in Belgium by three French entrepreneurs who are still managing the company with the aim of developing new applications and business models for the mobile industry. After successfully launching SMS and WAP communities in Belgium and France, Kiboo launched its groundbreaking mobile community application, Moblr, in 2007. Kiboo is privately held and has been profitable since its inception. Â – www.buddymob.com
You might also like
Head up kiddos, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is now officially available through AT&T. For $149.99 and a 2-year service agreement, you can grab one for yourself and enjoy a
Remember the LG device that was leaked a few days ago and was to be the first LG device to appear with a 720p HD display as well as LTE