T-Mobile 3G Rollout for ’09 Sneaks Out

leaked3gWhat good is a phone that relies heavily on internet and data usage if most of their customer base is stuck with EDGE speeds?  If T-Mobile want their G1 (and other Android handset) owners to get the most out of their phones, they’ll need to grow their 3G market considerably.   Looking at a recent leak, that’s exactly what T-Mobile plans to to.

Around 18 markets are set to get 3G over the next few months, with a heavy focus on Texas and Arizona.  Beyond that, the second half of the year looks pretty eventful too!

Below you’ll find a transcribed copy of the photo above.

April

• Oklahoma City,
  • OK Pittsburgh, PA

Source: TmoNews via Androidica

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Impossibly Thin Motorola RAZR. So, how did we do it? [VIDEO]

The new Motorola RAZR is a marvel of engineering design and this video will reveal the secrets behind how we made it so thin. For more information please visit http://motorola.com/razr

Nook Color 2 expected to debut on November 7

Can Barnes & Noble counter the Kindle Fire with a refreshed Nook Color?

HTC ‘Hima’ also rumored as next-gen flagship

For the second time this week specifications have leaked for a purported next-gen flagship HTC smartphone. According to a handful of recent @upleaks tweets, the so-called HTC “Hima” is slated

1. Carolyn
    April 07, 19:09 Reply

Fantastic. The sales rep told me we'd have 3G in Norfolk in the first quarter. Now it's not even gonna happen this year.

2. Mattle
    April 07, 20:04 Reply

Spokane, WA!!! Q3 is a little later than I was told by the sales person, but better late than never!

3. unote
    April 07, 20:17 Reply

Albuquerque, New Mexico .

4. Greg
    April 08, 00:22 Reply

What the #%^@#&?! Columbus, Cleveland, and Louisville but no Cincinnati? Geez, you have one little riot and no one respects you anymore.

• Dennis
      November 04, 21:26 Reply

I just talked with T-Mobile about this AGAIN. I was told that Cincinnati was rolling out in September. Today is Nov 4. Not happening this year. "Their was now apology offered. We are sorry sir, but if the plans were changed, we have no control over that". I have been with T-Mobile for about 7 years now. They are about to loose me as a customer. I have a 3G card for my laptop from Verizon, and I love it. Might try to figure out how to unlock this G1, and move it to Verizon too.

5. oneandroid
    April 08, 00:52 Reply

@Greg. If I had control of the TMO 3G love I would put it in Cinci next week…..just because your above post made me laugh. But alas….I don"t.

6. Greg
    April 08, 01:38 Reply

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress! 😉

7. Jim III
    April 08, 18:58 Reply

Greg, maybe if we start a 3G riot they'll bring it to us here in Cincy sooner. I was told most ares should have it by this summer. What a crock!

8. Chris
    April 08, 19:19 Reply

I don't see Indianapolis, Indiana on this list. 14th largest city in the US??? Arggg!

9. joshb
    April 15, 21:24 Reply

i am dropping my beloved android for an iphone until they give me 3g… the wreath laying ceremony for my G1 will be at the Tulsa Memorial Cemetery at 1PM, bring a hammer or small firearm.

• ben
      September 12, 21:57 Reply

agreed…im moving to tulsa soon and looking at cell phone options…no 3g in tulsa is a big turnoff.

10. Daniel S.
    July 19, 20:10 Reply

Still no New Orleans love????? I mean seriously! Even the residents in Shreveport come here to party. Why not 3g service. (Ignoring that whisper chanting “iphone”…….)

11. J.T.
    August 24, 20:42 Reply

Little Rock should be Little Rock, AR (AK-Alaska, AR-Arkansas

12. steve
    September 24, 12:59 Reply

I live in SLC and when I looked at my G1 this morning I was delighted to see that I now have 3G in my area!