More details have emerged on the first Samsung handset to run Android.Â A yet-to-be announced phone called the S8000 is being reported (translated) as the South Korean handset maker’s first entry.Â Look through the specs and you’ll see that this is not your typical Android phone.
For starters, it offers a 3.5mm headphone jack as well as internal storage of 2GB.Â There’s room to add a microSD card, should you need more space.Â the device is also slightly thinner than the G1 at 12 millimeters.
- 3.1″ AMOLED display,Â WVGA, 16 million colors
- 5 MP camera with flash
- FM radio
- 2GB internal memory/microSD slot
- 3.5mm jack
- 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth 2.1 and USB
- Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGEÂ (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Dual band UMTS (900/2100 MHz)
- DivX and XviD video capable
Let’s hope that whatever photo was leaked a few weeks back ends up heading across the pond.Â We want this one here in the states!