Robot Comics,Â a company who produces and publishes comics recently released an updated version of their Droid Comic Viewer.Â Also known as ACV, it’s a free lightweight comic, manga and image viewer built for Android-based devices like the G1 and myTouch 3G.
Aside from Android, Robot Comics has apps for platforms such as iPhone, Amazon Kindle and the Nintendo DSi. By their math, ACV v1.3.1 puts Droid Comic Viewer as the most popular comic viewer in the Android Market.
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
Main features in ACV version 1.3.1 are:
- Opens CBZ/ZIP, CBR/RAR (beta), ACV, JPEG, PNG, BMP and GIF files
- Read comics from your SD card
- Left-to-right or right-to-left (manga) reading direction
- Use the touch screen and trackball to zoom, scroll and navigate
- 17 custom controls with 17 possible actions
- Various screen transition and image scaling modes
- Bookmark – continue reading your comic from where you left it
- Next and previous page cache: read comics without load interruptions
- Multi-language: English, German and Spanish
Titles officially released by Robot Comics for the Droid Comic Viewer include Cory Doctorow’s Futuristic Tales of the Here and Now, the manga Ubunchu, Sergio Carrera’s The Eternal City, and Alterna Comic’s Jesus Hates Zombies, The Chair, Diary of a Black Widow, Confessions of a Peculiar Boy, Birth, Morbid Myths, Formera, and American Terror: Confessions of a Human Smart Bomb.