Introducing Creative's Zii EGG
Creative has announced the Zii EGG developer platform and it’s supposedly market-ready for OEM production. Using StemCell Computing, developers are able to write for Android and Plaszma at same time.Â What’s Plaszma?Â Creative tells us “Plaszma is an open standard development platform designed to let you create customized applications and devices. Plaszma comprises Plaszma OS, SDK and the full suite of hardware.”
While it’s true that it looks like a basic Android device at first, it because it’s for developers to take and work with it.Â You’ll notice your basic Android OS running on it in the video below. It’s up to you devs to take the tools and build the fun stuff!
The specs on this little guy have us drooling on our keyboards… check them out!
- Capacitive 10-point multi-gesture touch display
- 3.5â€ 320×480 true-color display
- Up to 32GB internal plus full size SDHC slot (supports up to 32GB of external SDHC Card)
- Supports: MP3, WMA, AAC, WMV, H.264, MPEG-4, AVI, and MOV (Not confirmed)
- X-Fi audio processing
- OpenGL ES 3D graphics
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- GPS receiver
- Light sensor
- 32MB NOR (Linux Kernel Boot ROM)
- 256MB Mobile DDR RAM
- 720p/1080p HDTV output via cable
- Headphone socket, built-in speaker and microphone
- Dual cameras (Forward facing HD camera, rear facing VGA camera)
- 1200mAH rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 115 x 62 x 12 mm (108grams)
According to DAP Review, the Zii Egg is the developer version, designed for OEM/ODM manufacturers but a “Zii” is also mentioned in a document leak for consumers. Even without a radio or 3G support, we’d be half-tempted to pick one up for the right price.
If you’re game, you can grab one for $399 at Zii.com now.
Just a little bragging – but we tweeted something back in February about Zii and how people ought to keep an eye on them!