Korean-based Hard Kernel were kind enough to pass along some information about their ODROID Entertainment Device.Â Packed with great specs, it’s definitely a unique looking device. It’s pretty obvious from the looks of it, but their rep tells us that the unit is based on games as right now it’s among the top categories in the iTunes catalog.Â Speaking of Apple, we’re also told that the ODROID uses the same chipset as the iPhone 3GS.
Here are a couple of other notable specs:
- Memory: ROM: 2GB(TFLASH)/ RAM: 512 MB(DDR2)
- Display: 3.5″ TFT-LCD capacitive touch screen/ 320 x 480 (HVGA) resolution
- Device Control: 4way direction-pad, 8keys, Touch-sensitive volume control
- Connectivity : BluetoothÂ® 2.X EDR and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, Wi-FiÂ®: IEEE 802.11b/g
- Input and Output: 3.5 mm audio jack, HDMI type-C Connector, TTA-20 (USB, Charging, Line-out/in)
- Audio: AAC, AAC+, MP3
- Video: MP4, H.263, H.264, Xvid, Dvix
- Battery: Lithium-ion 1300 mAh battery
- Storage & Expansion Slot: Standard SD/SDHC card (up to 32GB)
- Special Features: Accelerometer sensor, HDMI output
What do you guys think?
Given the current state of Android games, is this something you’d consider?Â Your thoughts on all those buttons?