March 27, 2015

You Tell Us: What's Your Prediction for the Motorola Announcement?

moto_questionsWe’re only days away from learning exactly what it is that Motorola has up their sleeves in regards to Android.  An official announcement is scheduled for September 10th but we want to pick your brain today.

What is your last minute prediction for Motorola’s conference?  Anything special or unseen?  What do you think the public reaction will be?  Share your thoughts in the comments and we’ll use them on the AndroidGuys Weekly Show!

You can also call us up and leave a voice mail with your predictions.  We’d love to hear from you!

Our Google Voice number is (330) 754-0525

Related Posts

1. twoboxen

My prediction? Nothing to be excited about–likely a multitude of low/mid-end devices to flood the market. PLEASE prove me wrong, Moto!

2. yoda

My personal hope is Moto will do the same old Razor magic again ! Give us a device that will out-design the iPhone :-)

3. waiting

Motorola: Sholes, Morrison
    Google: Android 2.0 and the Bluetooth API for Android.

The BT api needs to make it out if we hope for more than just bluetooth headsets. I hoping for heart-rate and cadence monitors :D

4. David M.

Unfortunaley I agree with Twoboxen … same bland vanilla phones that Android has out in the US … this really blows, The only thing that I'm really excited about is thier UI …I still have hope to be proven wrong on the phones ….

5. branon

No matter what they do, the apple event the day before will reduce the media space given to the motorola event.

6. Morten

I've been getting telepathic messages from Motorola lately. Its gonna be Sholes with 2.0 and some cool new software.

7. Hetal Patel

1. 2 New Motorola Devices with Different FOrm Factor
    2. Latest Google Release may be 1.6 or 1.9 with Latest Android Market and Some APIs
    3. More from Motorola too for Software part as HTC have Sense UI Moto might be Releasing a so called Community Phone (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter etc etc in Single GUI)

8. daryl

My prediction: no firm "on sale" date will be given for the Sholes, and will be held up for months waiting for android 2. :(

Other than that, I'm hoping/betting that it will have at least the OMAP3 processor in the palm pre, but afraid it will be something lighter duty.

I'm also a little worried about the UI, I never thought that was a strong point for Motorola.

9. SuperD

Not a lot of new info but this is from the zdnet blogs this morning:

"Global Equities analyst Trip Chowdhry writes:

Contacts have seen the new Motorola Android Phone, and all feel the phone is extremely well designed, and probably may be a winner. Contacts tell us that it is slimmer than iPhone, capacitive touch screen seems more precise than iPhone and feels faster than iPhone. The native processing of code on Motorola is much faster than anything out there."

Link here: http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=24088