March 26, 2015

Unboxing an HTC Hero for Sprint [VIDEO]

hero_sprint_official_002I had the privilege of unboxing an HTC Hero from Sprint today and wanted to share the experience.  It was my first time playing with the HTC Sense UI and something beefier than the G1.  The video you’ll see is raw, unedited footage but still something you might enjoy.  Check back over the coming days and weeks as I put it to the test!

If you have any specific questions about the phone as I run it through the gamut, leave a comment!  You can also hit me on twitter at @AndroidGuysCom!  I’ll do my best to address each of them.

Related Posts

1. Raphaels

No headphones… weird, why they haven't included the ones they have for the EU HTC Hero with the small controller. They are not that bad actually when compared to the ones I've seen from Nokia or Apple.

Oh… and nice cat :-)

2. Jameson

When you post back about your experience with the phone, I wanna know, do you accidentally hit the touch buttons while trying to get stuff done?

That's the deal breaker for me. If the touch buttons are super sensitive and get in the way of typing, dialing or whatever… that would suck.

Thanks for the unboxing vid. I can't wait to get my paws on one.

3. Feech

PC World is reporting that the Hero is the first Android phone to run the 1.6 donut update. Can you confirm this?

4. Daniel

Hi,

I just got a HTC Hero and I have to say…it's not the same as yours :/
    I bought on J&R (NY)…do you know if there is more than one Hero model :/
    The vendor told me that the Hero was from Europe, but, I didn't know that the USA version (if there is such) was going to be deferrent.
    What are the specifications of your phone ?
    Thanks :)

5. swu

@Daniel, yeah, the gsm (european) version of htc hero looks completely different from sprint's htc hero (cdma). when sprint htc hero is announced on 9/3 or 9/4, there were so many discussion on various forum about how different it looks.

6. Rizo

Yaaaaawwwwnnnnn… Sprints new design of the hero sucks. Plus it’s sprint, who left a bad taste in a lot of users mouth, including mine. Looking forward to the xperia, now thats a real phone. Hopefully it wont be a sprint phone.

POST A COMMENT.