No Pandora for Hero Users?

Pandora

Update: A Pandora rep explains that “some developer or unlocked phones will not be able to see the app in the Android market.”

We’re hearing that the excellent streaming music app from Pandora is not available in the Android Market if you’re using a Hero.

This is a very strange development: it’s available to G1 and MyTouch users with no problem. Some folks are jumping to the conclusion that Spring is blocking this high bandwidth app, but it comes preloaded on the Palm Pre, so that also seems unlikely.

We’ve asked Sprint for a comment and will update this post if/when we hear back from them.

If you’ve got your hands on a Hero and can check, let us know in the comments if you’re having the same problem. (And if you are, this should help.)

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

MenuPages Puts Restaurant Menus on Your Android Phone

MenuPages, previously available on the web and for iOS, has launched an Android app, joining the likes of UrbanSpoon and OpenTable as options for hungry Android users looking for a place to eat. But MenuPages sets themselves apart from other apps by providing users with restaurants’ actual menus to peruse.

Schmidt and McAdam Tease Us With New Android Phones in the Wild

We still have to wait a few weeks for the announcements to come from Verizon, but that’s not stopping CEO Lowell McAdam from parading around with the Motorola Sholes.  See

Motorola Also Teasing Droid X

Handset maker Motorola has joined Verizon in teasing us with the next generation of Droid.  A mini-page of sorts has gone live on Motorola’s consumer website, allowing interested parties to

1. @jt
    September 30, 04:50 Reply

Word on the street is that because it's a copy-protected app, and the US HTC Hero's out there are not final shipped builds, you will not be able to install it yet. I can almost verify this by having a user report on an app we developed (Bible) not being able to install either, it too is also copy-protected. So no worries guys…

2. Lars
    September 30, 06:33 Reply

I live in Sweden and have a unlocked HTC Hero, and Pandora is not available on the Android Market for me. I hope that will change :)

3. Todd
    September 30, 17:32 Reply

Can you simply download and install the APK from someone who copies it off of their rooted phone? It's not like it costs money, so it's not stealing.

• Chuck Falzone
      October 01, 17:37 Reply

Yup, that's what the final link in the post is. Thing is, the same issue affects other copy protected apps, including many paid ones. I heard about someone having the same issue with Twidroid Pro, for example.

4. Jamey
    October 01, 22:56 Reply

Okay check it out – I live in the U.S. and have an unlocked HTC Hero with AT&T. The moment I heard Pandora was live on the market, I rushed to download it, only to find a pop-up window that greeted me upon opening the app saying, "Sorry, HTC Hero Device Not Currently Supported". Needless to say, I was pissed because Pandora had become such a staple of mine on the iPhone. Well, the next day I still had my fingers crossed in what seemed like a helpless hope, but I decided to try it again. This time it worked, and has been ever since. So my advice to all you Hero users who think it doesn't work for you, at least try it a second time. It almost had me thinking I had imagined the error message, but I know I didn't because I was so mad that I left it a 1 star negative comment in the market…which I ashamedly removed the second day after the app worked flawlessly. Hope this helps. Have no idea about Sprint users, but as far as I know, Pandora works for all other HTC Hero devices.

5. Chris
    October 20, 12:40 Reply

Pandora is working flawlessly on my Sprint HTC Hero. In fact, most apps I had on my G1 such as UniWar have also been working perfectly. Got my Hero on day 1 and have no problems so far with the market. Just hope we get the 1.6 update soon.

• Laura
      October 20, 19:00 Reply

Hi Chis, got my sprint HTC Hero phone a few days ago and have been trying to download Pandora ever since with no luck. Can't find it in the "market" section. Mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks:)

6. cuppy
    July 16, 03:33 Reply

we still need improvement.. so go go developer..

7. rsanders98
    August 16, 21:05 Reply

Well i downloaded pandora to my htc hero, and at first it worked fine, then doesnt seem to be working anymore at all?