A platform development version of the ODROID device was announced for preorder in Korea today. Limited to Korean developers, there only 300 units up for grabs.Â The ODROID development device sells for roughly $320 US dollars.Â Today’s event was hosted by Korean blog Aesop.Â Â Preorders started today (September 29) and run though October 8th with shipmentÂ expected on November 5th.
We learned of this event from our contact at ODROID who also advised us that a consumer edition is slated for December with a $249 price tag.
A quick recap of the device’s hardware:
- CPU: Samsung S5PC100 833Mhz, ARM Cortex-A8
- OS : Android Cupcake
- Memory : 512MB DDR2
- LCD : 320 x 480 HVGA 3.5inch Capacitive touch
- HDMI out : though mini-HDMI
- Video : MP4(Container) : HPEG4/H.264 up to 1280 x 720 30FPS
- Audio : MP3/AAC
- Storage : 2GByte T-Flash for Boot loader, Kernal and Android system, 8GByte SDHC for user
- Audio chip : Wolfson
- WiFi : 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth : 2.x
- TTA20 pin : Console debug, USB port, power charging, audio IO, Remote controller.
- Development kit : USB Coposite Driver for Android ADB and Mass Storage Driver for Win XP
In addition to the physical ODROID unit, developers also receive an 8GB SDHC card, 2 batteries, a TTA20-USB cable, and a serial console debugging board.