Motorola Tao Gets Release Date, Full Specs Coming Together
A super secret document made its way into the hands of Taylor and company over at AndroidAndMe which outlines the plans for Motorola’s Tao handset.Â We’re being treated to some insider information that sheds light on what to expect from both Motorola and Verizon.Â This phone definitely plans to deliver the goods.
Rumored to drop December 1st, the Tao is being billed as the world’s thinnest slide QWERTY phone at 13.7mm thick.Â Other details include a 3.7″ touch screen with 16:9 ratio, 16GB on board storage, Flash and a little something called Android 2.0, whatever that is.
There’s mention ofÂ a dock that transforms the phone into a beside clock, digital picture frame, or bedside clock. Â Â From the sounds of it, the Tao will come with it in the box. Â There are tons ofÂ little goodies in the document – Too many to list out here.Â If you’re into things that get Android fans excited, then might we suggest reading it for yourself?
If you’re looking for the full-on spec list, we have that for ya.Â Here’s what we have so far.Â You’ll note that some of it is a little conflicting.
- OMAP3430 â€“ 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
- Weight 169 g
- Battery Li-ion 1400 mAh.
- Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
- 3.7-inch touch-sensitive display with a resolution of 854Ã—480 pixels, 16 million color depth. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
- 512MB/256MB ROM/RAM
- microSD / microSDHC expansion slot
- Camera: 5.0 megapixel with autofocus and video recorder
- Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi
- Operating System: Android 2.0 (with Eclair, no Motoblur)
- Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, 8GB MicroSD memory card and other literature
You might also like
Here we go!Â The details are going from a trickle to a downright deluge these last few hours.Â As we near the January 5th press event, chances are pretty good
Alcatel on Thursday cleared up the pricing and availability details for its 5.5-inch OneTouch 3. Expected to ship in May, the phone will be offered for pre-order starting from April 21. The
As if we needed another entry in the video on demand space, Rdio has tossed their name in the ring. A new service, Vdio, is being previewed which lets users