Motorola Tao Gets Release Date, Full Specs Coming Together
A super secret document made its way into the hands of Taylor and company over at AndroidAndMe which outlines the plans for Motorola’s Tao handset.Â We’re being treated to some insider information that sheds light on what to expect from both Motorola and Verizon.Â This phone definitely plans to deliver the goods.
Rumored to drop December 1st, the Tao is being billed as the world’s thinnest slide QWERTY phone at 13.7mm thick.Â Other details include a 3.7″ touch screen with 16:9 ratio, 16GB on board storage, Flash and a little something called Android 2.0, whatever that is.
There’s mention ofÂ a dock that transforms the phone into a beside clock, digital picture frame, or bedside clock. Â Â From the sounds of it, the Tao will come with it in the box. Â There are tons ofÂ little goodies in the document – Too many to list out here.Â If you’re into things that get Android fans excited, then might we suggest reading it for yourself?
If you’re looking for the full-on spec list, we have that for ya.Â Here’s what we have so far.Â You’ll note that some of it is a little conflicting.
- OMAP3430 â€“ 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
- Weight 169 g
- Battery Li-ion 1400 mAh.
- Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
- 3.7-inch touch-sensitive display with a resolution of 854Ã—480 pixels, 16 million color depth. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
- 512MB/256MB ROM/RAM
- microSD / microSDHC expansion slot
- Camera: 5.0 megapixel with autofocus and video recorder
- Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi
- Operating System: Android 2.0 (with Eclair, no Motoblur)
- Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, 8GB MicroSD memory card and other literature
You might also like
Google has just announced a new Labs service called Google Storage for Developers that provides cloud storage for web and mobile applications. Users will be able to easily manage their data
The Japanese carrier schedules seventeen devices for June through August.
Android owners living in the UK are now able to sign up for SlingPlayer Mobile news direct from the official source. Add your email address to the list to ensure