App Review: Gigbox
“We’re Gonna Rock and Roll all Night”
As an entry into the Android Developers Contest 2 (ADC2), Gigbox is a dream come true for any avid concert lover. The application is built by the Gigbox Team and operates as sturdy as anything I have seen on Android. It offers a wide array of functionality such as:
- Concert searches by location, artist, or venue
- Up to date and accurate information built on the Last.fm API
- Finds even the most obscure venues
- The ability to bookmark favorite artists and venues for quicker access to the data that matters most to you
- Additional information related to shows, such as other featured artists for the event and artist bios that you can read through
- Option to tag current and future concerts that you would like to attend
- A “concert agenda” that chronologically shows all concerts you have tagged as “wanting to attend”
- Real time chat and comment posting for concerts that are taking place
- Take pictures of your favorite bands as they play. Find and share them online at www.mygigbox.com
- Rate a show in real-time (thumbs up or thumbs down)
- Quick and accurate data retrieval
- Basic but effective controls that give the app an overall ease of use
Check out the video review for a full exposition of the features and see for yourself how awesome Gigbox really is!
Download Gigbox today from the market. Â Be sure to rate and leave comments for the development team. Â Enjoy!
You might also like
This time around we randomly picked a time waster game. Is it something we can picture ourselves messing around with while waiting at the doctor’s office?
Podcasts are addicting. This is a fact that I’m sure Google had in mind when they created Google Listen, their latest Android Labs addition. Though touted as an audio search
Seesmic Review Welcome to part one of the official AndroidGuys Twitter application face-off! During the course of the next four days we will review four of the top Twitter applications