App Review: Gigbox
“We’re Gonna Rock and Roll all Night”
As an entry into the Android Developers Contest 2 (ADC2), Gigbox is a dream come true for any avid concert lover. The application is built by the Gigbox Team and operates as sturdy as anything I have seen on Android. It offers a wide array of functionality such as:
- Concert searches by location, artist, or venue
- Up to date and accurate information built on the Last.fm API
- Finds even the most obscure venues
- The ability to bookmark favorite artists and venues for quicker access to the data that matters most to you
- Additional information related to shows, such as other featured artists for the event and artist bios that you can read through
- Option to tag current and future concerts that you would like to attend
- A “concert agenda” that chronologically shows all concerts you have tagged as “wanting to attend”
- Real time chat and comment posting for concerts that are taking place
- Take pictures of your favorite bands as they play. Find and share them online at www.mygigbox.com
- Rate a show in real-time (thumbs up or thumbs down)
- Quick and accurate data retrieval
- Basic but effective controls that give the app an overall ease of use
Check out the video review for a full exposition of the features and see for yourself how awesome Gigbox really is!
Download Gigbox today from the market. Â Be sure to rate and leave comments for the development team. Â Enjoy!
You might also like
We received a tip from FrugalGames earlier this evening about their first Android game, Flee. After checking out their YouTube video and blog, I was intrigued and decided to download it and try it out. Two minutes into playing it, I was immediately transported back to the late 80s’ where I was usually found face down in a Tiger handheld.
From the creators of Buka and Totemo, Hexage has brought another stellar game to the Android platform; Radiant.Â Radiant is an arcade style shooter game reminiscent of classics like “Galaga.”Â