Acer Kicks off New “Liquid” Series with Snapdragon Android Phone
There’s some big Android news coming out of the Acer camp today!Â The first Android phone out of the gate with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor will belong to their new “Liquid” series of handsets.Â With a High Definition, Wide-VGA capacitive touchscreen, a 5MP camera, and “no idle-time”, this ain’t your buddy’s G1 were talking about here.Â
Other fun Acer Liquid stuff gleaned from the press release:
- HSPA Connectivity
- Android 1.6 (Donut)
- Wide-VGA (presumed to be 800×480) touch screen
- 5 MP camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance
- Acer-designed power management system for longer battery
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks
- Exclusive Spinletsâ„¢ application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail
- Smart integration of Facebookâ„¢, Twitterâ„¢, Youtubeâ„¢, Picasaâ„¢ and Flickrâ„¢ in the address book, with realtime notification of status or content updates
Electric Pig was on-hand today at the event in London where the phone was shown off.Â Here’s a little gallery to hold you over until more details emerge.Â No word on when/where/with which carrier(s) it will be released, but it’s exciting news nonetheless!
You might also like
We’ve gathered up five movie apps for Android smartphones and tablets which should appease your inner movie geek.
A Lithuanian mobile phone and accessories retailer, Mobili linija, has listed what they claim will be some of Samsung’s upcoming products. With six product numbers and their unconfirmed specifications, we’ve got
So many toys, so little time! The next review we have up in the EVO line of devices is the newly released HTC EVO View 4G, also known as the HTC Flyer. I got some hands on time to play with the device, and recorded my findings in a video review for you after the break. Check it out and make sure to let us know what you think in the comments!