Motorola “Droid” It Is [VIDEO]

sholes_tao_007You know how we know the Motorola Sholes is going to be called the “Droid” ?  Because the phone says so when you turn it on.  Behold a video of the Droid booting up – video that comes from, you guessed it, Boy Genius Report.

The short :35 clip doesn’t tell us much about the phone as it stops right after unlocking the home screen.  We don’t know the OS, presumably Android 2.0 (Eclair) but we don’t see MOTOBLUR anywhere.  And if anyone had any doubt where the phone was headed, it’s plain as day.  “Verizon Wireless” sitting at the top center.

Who wants to disable that startup sound already?

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

Samsung Galaxy Note UK Launch Date Revealed

If you are looking to buy a new Android powered phone and you prefer big screens, and by big screens I mean really big screens, then you should be looking

Samsung TecTiles invade Las Vegas hotels for CES 2013

In the midst of all the CES craziness, we stumbled upon this little piece of information. Apparently, Samsung has teamed up with Caesars Entertainment to install over 4,500 TecTile NFC

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Sony Xperia Z3

With two fantastic devices being announced today, consumer choice as to the next device to buy just got a little bit more difficult. However, if you place your buying decision

1. rufphus
    October 16, 03:52 Reply

i actually don't mind the sound…so long as i don't have to keep rebooting every few hours. 😛

2. Kyle
    October 16, 05:05 Reply

2.0 won't be released until Q2 2010 (read that yesterday on Engadget, I believe).

• @sbcale
      October 16, 16:14 Reply

Won't be released to anyone other than Motorola for the Droid, they have it exclusive for a while.

3. SiI
    October 16, 10:17 Reply

Seems to boot pretty quick… and response to the unlock gesture. Can't wait to get one

4. Yorick
    October 16, 13:45 Reply

Several people have had their hands on this device and there's still nothing on Eclair? That's what I really care about 😛

5. BKdroid
    October 16, 16:05 Reply

I like the start-up sound. But, like rufphus said, I don't want to hear it all the time. Cylon theme, anyone? Now I just have to decide between this and the A1.

6. o2Do
    October 17, 19:18 Reply

You know what, I am sick of Google's crap, Motorola gets it exclusive for a while. I love android, I really do but the crap they are pulling, needs to stop. If it is true that it is a Moto exclusive, my hope that android would change the Handset game and cripple apple's grip on the nads of us all will die.

I know I sound like a fanboy or whatev, but this is crap, Open Source Exclusivity is a stupid. I hope they don't do that and make it available to devs etc. before Q2 2010.

/kicks google square in the nuts for pulling this crap.

• c0z
      October 18, 20:21 Reply

I have to agree with you about exclusivity. I think it is a poor choice for the Android platform, since it's supposed to be an "everyone participate" kind of community.

7. o2Do