March 30, 2015

Are These the HTC Dragon/Zoom 2 Specs and Pics?

htc_dragon_003One handset that we admittedly haven’t done too much coverage on so far is the rumored HTC Dragon.  Also known as the HTC Zoom 2, the phone is being reported that it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, which could put it in the 768MHz-1GHz stratosphere.

Here’s a quick rundown of some specs that were tipped our way earlier today. (Thanks Barry!)

• Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 (1GHz)
  • Android 2.0
  • 512MB ROM
  • 256MB RAM
  • 480 x 800 resolution touch screen w/ multi-touch
  • GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900, UMTS 900, 1900, 2100
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • 5.0 MP camera
  • Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, GPS
  • FM Radio, Accelerometer

So what does a beast like this look like?  According to DroidDog, these pictures may be the first to surface showing the hardware design.  On the outside, its nothing too fancy – a little bit Hero, a little bit Desire.

While we’re on the subject of the Dragon, we should point you to a few screen grabs that DroidDog was able to get a hold of a few weeks back with the accompanying email.

So, what I’ve got here is a little build we’re referring to as the “Pet Dragon”. It’s highly experimental at the moment…HTC Dragon. (dubbed “Zoom 2″) —> the screen resolution is 800×480…This device is in fact operating on the “2.0″ firmware along with the HTC Sense user interface applied for style. So, it’s like an “Eclair Hero”.

But again, bare with me…it’s still very “bare bones” and needs a lot of work…but this device is going to be a GAME CHANGER! Perhaps more so than the HTC Leo!

Related Posts

1. justAPhoneuser

I wonder why they are stuck with 256md ran. If they really want an android device to fly it is not about the processor, but ram memory. My g1 is quite fast until i have multiple apps running, then it slows down to almost unusable when there are u to 6 apps running. Kill the apps and it is back to being fast.

2. TareX

All I can see is: NO QWERTY! NO QWERTY! NO QWERTY!

It won't be a "game changer" if it has no qwerty. FACT. Stop releasing touchscreen only phones PLEASE.

3. Ennder

Why do you keep saying it will have a snapdragon processor?? Drizzy, who has a system dump from the phone has already said that he can tell it does NOT have a snapdragon processor!

4. Barwin

I love the fact that it doesn't have a Qwerty! As little mechanical stuff on it as possible. (That way I can't break it :-) )
    If this is really this phone with those specs, it will be my new device!

5. dfsadf

clearly touchscreen keyboards can be successful. the hottest sellings smartphone in the world seems to have one.as

6. Jerry

I would love something with these specs but for the love of bob, more like Touch HD with a slider. No more jabbing at screens.

7. Steven I

If this phone comes out in the US with the 1700 band, this would be the phone that would make me move from my unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile. Here's hoping.

8. Derek

When will Android phone makers realize 512MB ROM sucks! People want to store more than a few apps on their phone…. say like the iphone can do!

9. Sean

If you look at the back of the phone it clearly says google…which means this is a "google experience phone…which also means no Sense Ui…thank God

POST A COMMENT.