Startup handset maker GeeksPhone is now taking preorders for their Android-based “ONE” device.Â For as low as 22â‚¬ ($33 US dollars), customers can get their name on the cool kids list for when the phone starts shipping out in December.Â You’ll have to pay off the full price of the phone ahead of time though – naturally. The full cost of the phone will set you back 285â‚¬ ($429.00).Â Sound a little steep?Â Would it make you feel better if you knew the phone was unlocked?
A quick recap of the GeeksPhone ONE specs:
- Processor: 528 MHz ARM11
- Display: 3.2â€ WQVGA hybrid-resistive touchscreen
- DSP/RIL: Qualcomm radioOne QDSP5000
- RAM: 256MB
- ROM: 256MB
- Radio: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & HSPA 2100 (7.2mbps/5.7mbps)
- Camera: 3.1 megapixel with AutoFocus
- Storage: up to 32GB via MicroSD
- Headset jack: 3.5mm
- Battery: 1110 mAh 3.7V Li-Po
- Size/Weight: 110 x 55 x 14 mm / 123g
- Others: Includes a retractile stylus; Biodegradable plastic housing
If you’re thinking about snagging one of these, we suggest you hurry.Â The GeeksPhone blog says they are only offering a limited number of these handsets.