Around the Androidosphere
The Android news has been coming at us pretty fast lately.Â Even with the great team we have here at AndroidGuys, there are still going to be articles and items that slip through the cracks.Â For this very reason, we created a meta-post called â€œAround the Androidosphereâ€ which aims to fill in the gaps.Â With that out of the way, itâ€™s time for another quick round of â€œstuff-we-didnâ€™t-get-to-but-still-worth-a-mentionâ€.
- The HTC Hero is doing very well for itself in European and Asian markets, selling through supplies rather quickly.Â The brisk number of handsets is expected to continue through into the first quarter of next year (Q1’10).
- Our friends at HD.Blog.it have been able to spend some quality time with an HTC Tattoo.Â Thankfully for us, they are sharing nearly twenty minutes worth of footage.
- Network 3 UK will be selling their 1st Android device, the HTC Hero, starting November 3rd. Each handset comes with a voucher for 2 years worth of Spotify Premium.
- Agile Messenger is now available for Android. The chat/messaging app gives users the ability to chat over ICQ, AOL, Yahoo!, MSN, Google Talk and more.
- Paid applications have arrived in Japan’s Android Market, opening the door for even more development and innovation.
- PocketNow takes a quick look at the Acer Liquid and shares a minute or two of video.Â Check out how the bookmarks look.
- Lee Williams, executive director at Symbian, spoke with Om Malik about Android.Â Lee has some very strong opinions about Android, saying, “Android is building an almost perfect storm of fragmentation.”