Around the Androidosphere [Remnants]
The Android news has been coming at us pretty fast lately.Â Even with the great team we have here at AndroidGuys, there are still going to be articles and items that slip through the cracks.Â For this very reason, we created a meta-post called â€œAround the Androidosphereâ€ which aims to fill in the gaps.
On top of all of that, we’ve been seeing some downtime here on the site.Â It’s hard to keep up with all the latest and greatest Android news and rumors when the site is down.Â For that we apologize.Â We’re working to resolve issues as fast as possible.Having said all of that, itâ€™s time for another quick round of â€œstuff-we-didnâ€™t-get-to-but-still-worth-a-mentionâ€.
- One analyst thinks that Android might be growing too fast for its own good.Â Are developers being given too many options to code around and not enough time?
- A former Android skeptic now says the platform is “clearly on its way to becoming a serious iPhone challenger” and could knock the wind out of Palm and BlackBerry’s sails.
- Asus has “secret weapon” in their Android-based Eee PC.Â Launching early in 2010, this netbook will have a 1GHz Snapdragon processor and sell for around $180.
- The Samsung Spica will be land in Nokia country next month.Â Finland will see the 800MHz powered handset arriving in November for around $695 US dollars.
- Did you happen to see what TomTom and Garmin stock did the other day when Google Maps Navigator was announced?Â Ouch.
- If you’re holding your breath over and Android-based HTC HD2, you might wanna give up.Â According to HTC, they want to use this type of device to turn Windows Mobile around.
- Wanna grab the Droid next week but you aren’t sure how much to budget for the accessories?Â This should help.
- Remember the Insyde Market we tipped you off on last month?Â It opened its doors!