Innovative Converged Devices Unveils 15″ Vega Tablet

icd_vega_01WOW.  This is the kind of stuff that gets us really excited.  Innovative Converged Devices, a company based out of UK and Seattle has pulled the curtain back on their 15.6″ Vega tablet.  It’s not just a large internet browser either.  This baby has a lot of the features found in today’s smart phones, including 3G and accelerometers.   Oh, you might be interested to know it has Android 2.0 and runs on an NVIDIA Tegra chip!

As thick as a G1, Vega is a little bit cell phone, a little bit netbook, and a lot bit sleek.  With optional radio support for 2G and 3G connection, it’s possible to get OTA updates.  This means your Vega can keep up with the advances in Android!  There’s also magnetic docking and

The 7-inch, 11-inch and 15-inch devices are scheduled for distribution through Tier 1 carriers across North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East in the first half of 2010. ICD will provide full specifications and demo the Vega device at the 2010 International CES Show, which takes place January 7-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center/Las Vegas Hilton.

Full details can be found on the PDF linked here.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

Time to speak up – How much would you be willing to pay for this device?  With or without subsidy.  Sound off below!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6577 posts

TouchWiz Launcher Ported to Un-Rooted Nexus One Handsets

If you haven’t seen or found it by now, it is time you know about it. Apparently a hacker over at XDA-Developers has ported the Galaxy S TouchWiz UI to

Get a Digital Assitant with Catch.com Pro

I don’t know about you, but I sometimes struggle with trying to collect all my notes, web clippings, images and lists from all my different devices. When I switch from my desktop to my mobile, then to my laptop then to my “re-purposed” Nook during meetings, I find that I am always looking for something that is not on the device that I am currently using.

Camangi WebStation Pre-Orders Start [UPDATE]

We just received an email from the fine folks over at Camangi, advising that their WebStation is now available for pre-order.  The only problem is that when we click on

1. SiI
    November 13, 17:30 Reply

Sweet… would pay same as a netbook (£200-400) contract free… probably expect it for free on £25 (18month/24month) contract.

Definitely cool and something that would be of interest!

2. schwiz
    November 13, 18:12 Reply

Wouldn't really wanna pay more than $300 for it, although I'm sure it will cost more than that.

3. fameuso
    November 13, 23:33 Reply

I have been waiting for something like this. I too wouldn't want to pay more than $25- $300. But this is a god send for moms, you can organize your life away! what a treat! is there anything else like this out there?

4. fameuso
    November 13, 23:34 Reply

i meant $250 – $300, not $25, even a newbie like me knows better :0)

5. just some dude
    November 13, 23:45 Reply

$250 – $300 for me if it had Chrome OS running on it, Android needs to stay on mobiles.

• johnkzin
      November 15, 20:19 Reply

I'll only be interested in Chrome OS if it has non-web based applications available. If, as its currently being billed, it'll be web only, then that effectively makes it a door-stop if I'm in an area without coverage (which isn't that unusual for me).

It could be native apps, it could be Java apps, or it could be Dalvik (Android) apps (ideally, it should be all three). The latter seems like it'd be a no-brainer, since Dalvik is also owned by Google. And, at that point, there's little practical difference between "Android on a bigger screen, with a desktop quality browser" and "Chrome OS with Dalvik".

The difference being that "Chrome OS without local applications" is pretty pointless, and probably wont ever run on any device I own.

6. johnkzin
    November 15, 20:13 Reply

If it had a PixelQi display, can display nook e-books and other e-books, had a 9" or 10" version, DVI-I video out, options for 1GB and/or 2GB of RAM, and storage options for 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB, then I'd be interested. (the PixelQi being the only one of those that's really optional – though I could downgrade the DVI-I output to VGA)

With all of that, I'd probably be willing to pay $500-$600ish for 16GB of storage and 2GB of RAM.