The Google Phone Rumor Returns… AGAIN
Here we go again!Â The “it’s not happening/yes it is” rumor of an actual Google branded handset has come back.Â TechCrunch is reporting today that not only is it going to happen, but it was originally slated to drop this quarter.
While we might have dismissed this rumor a time or two in the past, we’ve also reported on stuff that helps make this potential game changer a reality.Â Darn it if the pieces don’t add up in the end.Here’s what TC is saying today.
- It will be sold direct and through retailers.
- It will be produced by a major handset maker but will only have Google branding.
- There will be zero negotiation or compromise over the design of features.Â It’s ALL GOOGLE
- One source tells them that HTC will make the phone, while other information suggests Google is working with a Korean phone manufacturer on the Google phone â€“ LG or Samsung.
- Google is planning a big advertising push around the device early next year â€“ like January
It will be very interesting to see what other handset makers think of this move if and when Google drops a phone.Â How will other Open Handset Alliance members react? Will they continue to embrace the platform for what it is and offers or will they pull support?
We doubt having 1 more player in the game will change anyone’s min, even if it is Google.
Let’s hear what you guys have to say!Â What have you heard?
You might also like
We can’t say this is much of a surprise; the HTC First will not be arriving in the U.K. anytime soon. After receiving less than stellar feedback for the U.S.
It has been a few months since we reported on LG and Capcom’s plan to bring the popular Street Fighter IV HD to Android devices but things seem to be
Ahh, the HTC Pyramid. We first got wind of this device in early February, when we learned that it’s likely headed for Tmobile. It also later popped up in a leaked inventory shot. Well, we finally got a good look at the Pyramid, and it’s impressive to say the least. It was spotted somewhere on the internet in China, and we’ve even got some supposed specs for you.