The ZiiSummit is underway over in Singapore and Creative’s ZiiLabs has unveiled the TRINITY smartphone platform for Android.Â Like most everything else ZiiLabs puts out, it sounds stellar on paper.Â And like everything else, it’s only conceptual stuff that is waiting for OEMs and ODMs to pick up.Â We’ll say this though, the evolution of Android handsets has started.Â With or without ZiiLabs’ involvement, the next round of Android phones is going to be packed with hardware beasts.
“The growth in Smart Phone use to incorporate multimedia features is driving the demand for manufacturers and operators to deliver differentiated products and services faster than ever before,” said Hock Leow, President of ZiiLABS. “The Zii TRINITY is a proven media-rich platform that offers our partners a complete market-ready solution with the built-in flexibility for customization. We are showcasing an exciting 3.5G concept phone at the Zii Summit 2009.”
Among the specs for the concept device:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Tri-band WCDMA, HSDPA Cat 8 at 7.2mbps
- Accelerated OpenGL ES 3D Graphics, Video and Imaging
- 3.1″ 480×800 16M colour AMOLED capacitive multi-touch
- Mini HDMI port for 1080p video output
- 5M pixel rear facing, auto-focus camera, VGA forward facing camera for video conferencing
- USB 2.0 Micro port for connectivity and charging
- MicroSD storage expansion and SIM card slots
- 256MB low-power DDR memory
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR and Hardware GPS
- Composite Video output
- 1130mAH lithium polymer battery
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
Hopefully someone does pick up the reference designs for this and their other products.Â If there’s one thing we can always use, it’s more diversity and envelope-pushing.Â Gizmodo was able to snap a picture of a TRINITY device and while it looks a little plain-Jane, that’s because they’re waiting for a carrier or handset maker to grab this, polish it up and make their own.