Droid Eris Getting an OTA Update
Verizon stated that today they started the over-the-air (OTA) pushing process for all HTC Droid Eris users. This firmware update will get the ROM to version 1.16.605.1 and the radio to version 188.8.131.52.09.Â This kind of OTA pushing process usually Â takes around a week to be complete. If you own a Droid Eris,Â post a comment below sharing with us your experience and tell us if you noticed any improvements on the audio quality.
The main improvements and updates are:
- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed.
- Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened
You might also like
Creative Technology’s Zii endeavor appears to be picking up steam and Android looks to be an integral part of its future.Â After starting out with the ZiiEGG back in the
Samsung today announced that the Galaxy Note 10.1 will be coming to Verizon later this month. Pricing and exact timing are unknown however we expect Verizon to make a separate
AT&T on Monday confirmed the upcoming availability of the LG G Watch R via a press release. Unfortunately, the carrier stopped short of announcing any price or exact release date.