Droid Eris Getting an OTA Update
Verizon stated that today they started the over-the-air (OTA) pushing process for all HTC Droid Eris users. This firmware update will get the ROM to version 1.16.605.1 and the radio to version 184.108.40.206.09.Â This kind of OTA pushing process usually Â takes around a week to be complete. If you own a Droid Eris,Â post a comment below sharing with us your experience and tell us if you noticed any improvements on the audio quality.
The main improvements and updates are:
- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed.
- Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened