Reuters: Nexus One Available Directly Through Google Website January 5

nexus_2Reuters is reporting that a source of theirs indicates a January 5th date for the Nexus One to go on sale.  They’ve been advised that it will be at a  “reduced price to consumers who agree to a service contract from Deutsche Telekom’s T-Mobile USA“.  Are we skeptical?  Sure.  It’s only a couple weeks away but whatever.  We thought it would be months before Google Goggles was ready and here it was rolled out days after we learned of it.

We were looking through our comments from another post and found that the always-fun Charbax dropped by with some information regarding price.  We’re not sure were he heard it or how he knows, but here’s what he says…

Here’s the price: $199 unlocked in stores. $100 rebate online if you have an active and old Google account. That $100 rebate is either to buy it $99 online from Google’s online phone store, for using on Android Marketplace or for using on any Google Checkout stores. Can also be used for T-Mobile or AT&T pre-paid Data SIM card service at $29 per month, no contracts required.

Google will push full VOIP usage on these, meaning no voice/sms plans needed at any carrier. Voice calls will go through Google Voice on Data SIM cards and will provide unlimited free voice calling. And SMS is replaced by unlimited free Gtalk.

Finally, Google will provide easy roaming data services in other countries. For example, if you go to Europe, you can roam on HSDPA data networks for the same price of 20€ per month, and if you only stay in Europe for a few days you won’t need to pay for the whole month. You may not even need to change the SIM card.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6574 posts

Reviews

OXA Bluetooth Stereo Speaker: Review

The OXA Bluetooth Speaker is available now to purchase for $39.99 through Amazon, but is it worth the price? I’ve been using this speaker for a few days now, and

Hardware Reviews

X-Mini ME Speaker Review

Having already posted about the X-Mini speaker range and its incredible potential given its size, you can imagine that when the guys over at Xmi Pte Ltd sent me a

Reviews

Verizon Droid Pro Review: Business in the Front/Party in the Back

Finally, I think I have found the phone for me.  No it doesn’t sport dual-core water cooled processors or even a large 1080p display.  But what it does have, it

1. newspeak
    December 14, 15:06 Reply

please let this be true….please let this be true

that means a year more with tmo on my contract then switch to unlimited everything via voip through google voice

• jake determan
      January 06, 02:31 Reply

its 170 dollars locked with tmobile unlocked its 550 dollars what a jump

• @pinoytutorial
      December 23, 15:44 Reply

You always love google when it speak something really big and keep the hopes of people up, well in fact the only thing that makes the N1 phone phenomenal is it will be the 1st droid phone to be released as GSM unlock.

Although, we are still crossing our fingers that added sauce will arrive as the days to Nexus One countdown reaches its peak. I must say the Android Swype on the walkthrough vid is pretty cool. Nexus One reactions:

yee
      December 14, 20:20 Reply

holy……… this is way toooooooo huge!! google is not google, it is jesus…

• Michal
      December 14, 20:22 Reply

I wonder jus how "old" does your google account have to be? Anyone got any scoops? I am all over this.

• adam
        December 15, 17:42 Reply

I wouldn't think that you would have to have any kind of seniority, just as long as you have one…

• omar
        December 23, 16:02 Reply

I hope mine is old enough I got on 2004. I got Voice and Wave invites really fast too.

• nate
      December 14, 20:28 Reply

If this is true, my one year remaining dumb phone contact with Verizon will be done effective immediately, even if I have to pay $110, and I will have the gPhone day one.

• Brent
        December 17, 01:22 Reply

It's unlocked, so you can use it with any carrier…

• Kevin C. Tofel
      December 14, 20:34 Reply

"Voice calls will go through Google Voice on Data SIM cards and will provide unlimited free voice calling."

How exactly will that happen since GV uses cellular voice service, not data service?

• Vladimir Kelman
          December 17, 07:57 Reply

I think Kevin is right and Google Voice uses voice service, not data. That's why it was told that "Google Voice is not VOIP". The only hope is that Google bough Gizmo5.

• Benjamin Rubenstein
      December 14, 20:34 Reply

I wonder if the GTalk will finally use your GV number. I don't get why you'd have to use GTalk though. GV has built in SMSing. Strange.

• pdinc
        December 15, 22:14 Reply

Yes, but gvoice smsing still routes through traditional cellular channels.

• craig
        December 16, 16:44 Reply

Gtalk is im, not sms. A lot of that green section doesn't make total sense.

• Vladimir Kelman
          December 17, 08:00 Reply

@craig,

Charbax is known by his unstoppable fantasy (on Archos 5 forum)

• Paul
      December 14, 20:35 Reply

Google Voice is not a VOIP service. They'd need to get Gizmo integrated with it first if you'd want VOIP calling.

• ray
        December 16, 00:17 Reply

Well they did buy gizmo

• Craig
        December 16, 16:46 Reply

Right, and even if they didn't have it ready to go on Day 1. They are giving the users the opportunity to buy the phone at a price that is equal to the standard subsidized price. I'm assuming that means they won't have to sign a 2 year contract to afford the phone. Then when they can push their VOIP service, and no one has to break their contracts to get the cheaper service.

• LEONARD
        January 06, 22:13 Reply

I work allot in south america and my roaming bills are sky high is there a cell phone that provides VOIP

• Benjamin Rubenstein
      December 14, 20:39 Reply

Can the data network provide the same level of calls while driving and stuff? Is it reliable?

• kojak001
        December 16, 00:05 Reply

Why would you be driving and talking anyway. Driving is not a multi-tasking task.

• Arfdog
          December 16, 15:46 Reply

Um talking while driving is much more productive. And actually safer too, since it heightens your awareness.

• Mr. T
            December 16, 15:57 Reply

Wow. You are so wrong.

• TuxMeister
          December 21, 12:32 Reply

Kojak, actually for people that handle a lot of calls in the car is quite an important question. And, there's a thing called integrated bluetooth handsfree that comes as a basic option in most the newer modles mostly all brands.

• eYe
      December 14, 15:40 Reply

OMG!!! If it’s full VOIP – I am so there, don’t even care how much it costs!!!!

• @NOSaturn
      December 14, 21:08 Reply

seriously unbelievable. if this were true, i just would …. wow.

• CJ
      December 14, 21:56 Reply

how can it be 200 unlocked? the droid is like 250 LOCKED?

• nate
        December 14, 22:39 Reply

Because smartphones actually only cost about $200 to make. The rest is pure profit. Google doesn't care about making money off the handset, they want to drive you into using their browsers, etc., which generate big ad revenue. Also, they want to get into things like selling cloud based apps and storage space. In other words, they just want to get the sets in people's hands.

• Craig
          December 16, 16:48 Reply

Modern Day Robin Hood. Use the ad companies big bux to deliver better services for cheaper to the masses… That's a little naive, I know. But that is the image Google is going for..

• DMAGIC448
        December 15, 13:12 Reply

Because Google has more money than Moto & Verizon and there business model has shown that they are not afraid to lose money to make money

• My Comment Box
          December 15, 16:49 Reply

See the post above you. It is seriously true that for the most part, phones cost $200 or less to make. The rest is profit.

• dans
            December 22, 12:34 Reply

About $130 for your average smartphone.

• Helebek
      December 14, 22:01 Reply

Sounds like and April Fool's day joke. I hope its not :). Its too good to be true, unless Google wants a good revenge from Apple and ATT for not accepting GV app :).

• Dr Jan Itor
      December 14, 22:05 Reply

I'm guessing this phone will be US only, or have I missed something? Maybe Europe will get the Bravo instead?

• Joe Cruz
        December 15, 13:58 Reply

probably, since Google is based here in the US. HTC Brave could hit everywhere else.

• ToX
        December 15, 20:24 Reply

Supposedly, this phone will come with worldwide 3g radios. Supposedly.

• para_n01d
      December 14, 17:22 Reply

I’m waiting for the annuncement of a universal device that can be used on any carrier or on whitespace networks (e.g. one radio to rule them all and let me buy a data only plan from any carrier I choose). If that’s what will be announced, then I’m excited…

• DMAGIC448
        December 15, 13:11 Reply

Keep waiting buddy because the Fed regulators would block a move like tht from Google. they would create a monolopy no one could afford to break up

• Gman
      December 14, 23:30 Reply

i know these are just rumors but I cant tell you right now they don't sound at all legit, one of those the things that didn't make any sense was "And SMS is replaced by unlimited free Gtalk" okay if Google is pushing for Google voice usage as one of your primary means of communicating (phone calls, texting, voice mail transcripts etc) then why is this article saying that you will use gtalk as your unlimited SMS communicated……this doesnt make sense, you can text through google voice unlimited. gtalk is just an IM and not everyone has gtalk…i dont know just pointing out why this info is more rumors and speculations then some form of actual news…..

• lomax
        December 15, 16:56 Reply

Google Voice supports SMS (not sure about MMS)
        Guessing this is what it means.

• freki44
        December 15, 17:47 Reply

It could make sense. As I understand it SMS uses idle voice "channel" segments and GV currently uses the voice channel as well. If you end up getting GV with VoIP and just a data plan then what you're left with is just data usage. So you could probably still send out SMS messages through GV however they will then work over the data channel and be considered plain data… I can see how Google would probably prefer that you use GTalk which is all data end-to-end instead of them having to send true SMS messages on your behalf to any network.

• nomel
        December 16, 01:13 Reply

you can sms using gtalk now…there's no difference…it also supports aim and icq.

• Blue
      December 14, 23:48 Reply

So since Iv had a Google account since gmail was invitation only, does that mean I could get this for 100$ total? I would love a more powerful phone to replace my laggy g1.

• just some dude
        December 15, 01:59 Reply

pricing is speculation at this point, but it will def be faster than our aging G1's, 1gig processor should be sweet.

• A S
      December 14, 23:53 Reply

"And SMS is replaced by unlimited free Gtalk"

@Gman – WHEN Google Voice is integrated with GTalk, then GTalk becomes a much better sms interface than current Google Voice app (at least on my BlackBerry). Your smses will automatically look like conversational threads in GTalk. Most of the new features quoted above are possible ONLY if Google Voice and GTalk are integrated. If that happens soon, it would be AWESOME. We know such integration is inevitable sooner or later. So, you cannot conclude that it's all just rumors based on this quote.

• saimin
      December 15, 00:12 Reply

Where did this $29/month price come from? I don't see that number in any mainstream news articles.

• khang
      December 15, 00:55 Reply

i want one… i want one

• just some dude
      December 15, 01:57 Reply

im def getting one, but i gotta wonder data is spotty no matter where you are. how reliable will voice calling be. i mean will you have to stay in one spot. or can you move around.

• Neil
      December 15, 10:39 Reply

do you not get the feeling this is all to good to be true. the package i mean, not the phone… if this is the dragon/HD2 or whatever, the price tag is way off anyway.

• DMAGIC448
      December 15, 13:16 Reply

This entire post is some BS. IT WILL BE A REGULAR PHONE PEOPLE!!! Before Google voice could power a handset, Gizmo5 wouldhave to be intergrated into the Goole ecosystem and I doubt they have done that in the months time that they have owned Gizmo5. So dream on commenters, dream on….

• Rjj
        December 16, 03:17 Reply

Gizmo worked with GrandCentral when it was beta, why would it still not work ?

You sound like a iPhone fan boy.

• googler
      December 15, 15:53 Reply

Sorry guys, that price is too good to be true. Really.

• iceberg020
      December 15, 16:08 Reply

Google is real whereas pricing and plan mentioned above are just speculation.
      Can't say much about pricing, but GV is certainly big and yes you can use GV for SMS (not Gtalk). Gtalk is more for your Google buddies.

• joe
      December 15, 16:13 Reply

This is absolutely amazing. This is a must have. Period. I've got an ancient account with them, so hopefully all is well. If able, I'm seriously considering getting more than one for $100 each.

Pure VOIP eh? I hope GVoice runs over plain GSM with one or 2 bars. If it does, I'll drop my carrier faster than you can say "SIM card? I don't need no SIM card!"

Perhaps this is where all their dark fiber is going to come in? Lease it to the carriers wholesale to help offset the bandwidth increase?

• Beth
      December 15, 16:14 Reply

Arg! Canada is left out in the cold. Google, I can see you from Vancouver! Canadian's such as myself would love to buy a Nexus :)

• Guest
      December 15, 17:06 Reply

no keyboard? all girlystyle? #donotwant

• off-white hat
      December 15, 17:27 Reply

I generally don't support Google in their evil master plan to take over the world…but this is pretty bad ass.

• Michael
      December 15, 18:02 Reply

put some buttons on it and I'll get one.

• Ian L
      December 15, 19:00 Reply

If the pricing on this is accurate (and we'll see about that in a few weeks) I'm buying this puppy without a second thought. May even drop my Sprint SERO HTC Touch pro for this if it's that good.

• bobby
      December 15, 19:12 Reply

Charbax is not a reliable source, just spend a few minutes reading his posts at his Archos forum. Move along people…

• Merced
      December 15, 19:39 Reply

I currently have the sidekick pre-paid which is $1 a day unlimited data and SMS on t-mobile. I just pay for minutes. wouldn't be a stretch to have the voice use the data with VOIP and then all would be covered.

• Base
      December 15, 20:18 Reply

Tsk Tsk I Feel Sorry for all those who bet on BB and Iphone google is taking over

• Jeremy
      December 15, 21:40 Reply

I hope they come out with a CDMA version. I'm not switching to T-Mobile or AT&T.

• Karen
      December 15, 21:40 Reply

A comment post is not a 'source'.

• James
      December 15, 22:51 Reply

Interesting and will definitely purchase it to see how it works out. The problem I see is that VOIP is great with decent bandwidth. T-Mobile's balance between 3g and edge is not great. I cannot imagine having to rely on a phone that needs a decent data connection to work correctly.

That said, I'll buy it to try it. I wonder if it does work if I could root it and use it as a replacement for my g1! <grin>

• Greg
      December 15, 23:29 Reply

Gosh…the interwebs is so dangerous, things spin out of control so fast. Now people are say $100 no contract!?!? Keep dreaming. Spread the word please, a more reasonable price is $250 – $350 with no contract. If you can't afford that, guess what? You can't have it now, you will have to wait. A "unlocked", "no contract", "smartphone" for $100? Please be real with yourselves.

• nate
        December 16, 22:07 Reply

Google is not a phone company, they are a search and advertising company. What would be in their best interest is having an Android phone in the hand of every human being on earth, running searches, using Gmail / google docs, etc. These phones cost $200, or less, to manufacture. Google would profit more in the long term by giving these phones to people at cost. Further, if this phone were to be VIO, T-Mobile still gets to charge $40 a month for a data plan (who talks on the phone anymore anyway?) and takes market share. Sounds like a win for everyone (except Apple, Verizon, et al).

• bjea
      December 16, 04:20 Reply

The information everyone is commenting on is from someones comment. It has no source and seems to be just a guess by an individual with no affiliation to Google or anyone. Where's the sources people. Is this news?

• AJ Robins
      December 16, 02:02 Reply

Google Voice has been gizmo5 compatible for a long time. It’s just that, in recent months (before the buyout), gizmo put billing restrictions on GV usage with gizmo5. Google would just have to remove the billing restrictions and, bingo, VOIP via gizmo/GV.

However, this is highly disruptive to the carriers’ business plans, and they’d be insane to allow cheap, data-only usage. I’d guess that the carriers will either lock out these phones, or require expensive plans. Given how AT&T appears to be threatening to take away the iPhone’s unlimited data usage plans, I somehow doubt that we’ll see cheap Nexus One plans on AT&T, although I’d love to be wrong. I do hope the rumors are true, but they seem to be just too good.

• Stijn
      December 16, 09:02 Reply

So at current rates it should cost either 136 or 68 euros in Europe. I'm looking forward to reading which services we should expect here in Europe. As far as I can tell, Google Voice is still not active here. This seems pretty essential. Perhaps you guys could write an article about that? I'm pretty sure some of the 730 millions Europeans would like to read about it. Thanks.

• Nanji
      December 16, 04:36 Reply

That’s exciting news! Google always exceeds expectations! I have been waiting for something like this from Google for a long time…. Love to get my hands on this soon!

• Jeremy
      December 16, 10:02 Reply

So how much better is this phone than the g1 i already have since we dont have that much info on it

• TuxMeister
        December 21, 12:46 Reply

OLED screen, 1GHz processor, loads of RAM…. hmm much much better than the FIRST Android phone.

• @shabdar
      December 16, 12:06 Reply

The price tag is too sweet, even if it's just a rumor. I wonder if it it'll be available for worldwide sales on Jan, 5th.

• Hasib
      December 16, 14:37 Reply

I think this is all BS.

• kevjohn
      December 16, 18:04 Reply

He forgot to add in the part where Sergey Brin and Larry Page come over to your house and give you a foot massage every time you make a call on a Nexus. Throw in some stuff about Megan Fox or Natalie Portman (your choice) coming to your bedroom at night to make sure you're properly charging it up at night, and maybe mention a sweepstakes for one in every ten units sold to come with a ZR1, and this information would not be any less believable.

• trond
      December 16, 21:44 Reply

January 5th. That's my birthday. Nice day for Google to choose. :)

• TKD
      December 20, 06:15 Reply

i think its pure BS….an unlocked phone with soo much for $199…

• TKD
      December 20, 06:16 Reply

most of android phones unlocked price stands at around $399,

• HTCFan
      December 23, 03:14 Reply

The Nexus was just activated today on TMo USA by the spouse of a Google employee. The phone is absolutely gorgoues…..makes my Touch Pro 2 cry. Awesome screen, very, very snappy.

• Grayson Peddie
      December 23, 18:44 Reply

I'd definitely want to have Google Nexus One if it weren't for contract with Sprint (I have Samsung Ace with Windows Mobile in it).

• jonas3d
      December 24, 02:25 Reply

Google never ceases to impress! Sure Apple came out with the first leading touch screen phone. But google is taking the lead by aggressively and rapidly developing. Despite being an apple computer fan, i'm going to have to go toward any android phone released. Much more customizable unlike the iphone.

• klintonusa
      December 26, 02:12 Reply

i wonder if the phone can be attached to a google voice account. i have one but don't use it much. it would be ideal!!!! no need to pay tmobile 90 a month anymore! :)

• Sudomn
      December 26, 20:23 Reply

Note: These are only the happy speculations/delusions of a dude names Charbax, no absolutely none of this is based on real news, or from google.

• bing
      January 06, 10:42 Reply

I hate google stuff…

• Shamantha Fox
      January 06, 20:59 Reply

hihi…
      So many huuuge expectations, and it comes out at $530 unlocked, not multitouch, no tethering, onboard graphics and with 4Gb storage on an SD-card (yeah I know about the clouding, but I know where I want my data to be when someone stumbles in the wrong chord somewhere, and thats in M Y pocket).

Im going for the Nokia N900 for sure: 32GB onboard storage PLUS the SD card, separate graphics processor and a Linux-based OS.

• Altair77
        January 07, 04:06 Reply

Better take an iPhone 3gs 32gb much better then the Nokia

• Jay
      January 07, 18:32 Reply

If you go to google/phone to buy one in advance and read a little about this phone, it is to good to be true. Under terms and conditions it says you can return the phone but then they attach several non-refundable fees some as high as 45.00 to return it if you don't like it. Also to buy without contract the phone is over $500.00. Really it is the same as iphone 500.00 without contract 200.00 with contract. I was very exited about this at first and now am very discouraged to find out the truth. Go to the website and see for yourself the terms and conditions. As of right now you will have to be through a carrier and without a contract you will pay a lot for this phone.

• HHRR
      January 08, 00:36 Reply

What do you have to say now

• sn8k
      January 08, 06:20 Reply

Like one user said, "too goo to be true" – IMO both from a technological and economical standpoint.

• Kimberly
      January 08, 23:56 Reply

Now we know it is all just the same old BS.

• Premchand
      January 08, 23:13 Reply

I am looking for such mobile, I want to be the first buyer in India. Google is doing signs and miracles and the rest of the world just wonder….keep growing Google. but don’t betray the world…

• larry

Email: [email protected]
      Legit Forum Seller Registered No. 05423905

• larry
      January 10, 07:27 Reply

Brand new, never used.
      – Sent straight from from Iphone USA
      – Come with a pouch, data cable, stereo headset, home charger
      – Manufacturer warranty
      This is a brand new never used Iphone 3GS . Still has the sticker on it with pictures to prove it. Comes with a full year warranty along with an extra in box never used pouch.
      Brand New and unlocked to all networks..
      Comes with full 12 months international warranty.
      Sealed with complete accessories.
      SAMSUNG Omnia 2
      SAMSUNG Omnia I8910 HD
      Sony Ericsson Aino
      Sony Ericsson satio
      Sony Ericsson X10
      Google Nexus One
      Nokia X6 32gb
      For more information, send us an email:[email protected]
      Original Apple Iphone 3GS 32GB In Black & White

• mutheu
      January 10, 08:41 Reply

Hey you guys
      Where and what shall i do to get a Nexus one and have it sent to denmark?

Greetings
      Mutheu

• zee
      January 11, 00:23 Reply

when will nexus one be instores?

• yvee
      January 14, 08:22 Reply

can i use nexus one in zimbabwe?

• yvee
      January 14, 08:46 Reply

can i use the nexus one in zimbabwe?

• moveis
      January 17, 22:48 Reply

Where can I buy the Nexus One

• móveis
      January 24, 16:40 Reply

This is a really good discussion! It is interesting that it has spanned over a few years and is still relevant. Thanks for the viewpoints – Happy 2010!

• best swim goggles
      February 08, 18:26 Reply

Yes the selling of Nexus One is already started on Google & the market performance of it is very nice till the first week of February.Thanks for this news.

• Jermaine
      February 13, 23:46 Reply

100 dollar rebate? That's a deal if you ask me.

• iPhoneötzi
      February 18, 12:20 Reply

how can it be 200 unlocked? the droid is like 250 LOCKED?

• jfseostudio.com
      February 26, 16:50 Reply

Whoo way to go Google. I can't wait to get Nexus 1. thanks reuters too.

• pro online marketing
      February 26, 22:46 Reply

Google really has an up with this considering they'll be the only ones offering nexus one.

• iPhone
      February 27, 17:21 Reply

seriously unbelievable. if this were true, i just would …. wow.

• Adam
      March 02, 19:10 Reply

I agree they are the best! I want the Google rebate for the nexus one omg.

• Eval Blog
      April 25, 14:25 Reply

For now Google has no need to kill the iphone. The smartphone market huge. They can dominate the market without killing the iphone. They will kill blackberry first before the iphone.

• Jack
      May 29, 10:22 Reply

I still think that iPhone is better. Never the less I intend to try Android platform, just to be fair.

• bantai
      May 29, 22:15 Reply

I very much impressive to read this article

• bantai
      May 29, 22:16 Reply

I very much impressive to read this article

• mel
      June 20, 13:22 Reply

wooow… i want it…. T_T

• zakki99
      June 26, 09:55 Reply

$29/month price come from? of course from their manager

• farhad
      July 06, 08:49 Reply

i always dream of a phone just like this.. :)

• xubeibei
      July 10, 08:57 Reply

Google Voice is not a VOIP service.Whether you to rip, convert, transfer or copy a dvd to avi to AVI, MP4, WMV, XVid, DivX, MPEG-4/2/1, FLV, M4V, RM, 3GP, MKV, ASF, MPG, MOV, VOB and H.264 / AVC Format or extract audio to MP3, WMA, M4A, WAV, AAC, RA, AC3, and OGG on your computer, cell phone, media player or gaming console, the TouchUp dvd rippers will provide you with the necessary tools for an enjoyable converting experience.

• John
      July 15, 04:40 Reply

i want one, but i had iphone now.

• Kojeje
      July 16, 19:26 Reply

Ohh. really like the design :)
      Wish I could have it one :)

• nining
      July 20, 15:04 Reply

it has agood designed,, iwanna have it,,

• Though it is natural to be skeptical about the new development, it is Google Website and its vast network would sure to work towards extending the facility in other countries so far roaming is concerned for example on HSDPA data network. Thanks for the information.

• Bowflex Revolution
      November 10, 12:13 Reply

IPhone is still the best. But yes, the smartphones market is huge and can accomodate a few more players. It’s surprising that Nokia and SE has not played a big part in this market. I am seeing more ppl transitioning away from Nokia and SE.
      Lee from Bowflex Revolution

• Android
      January 05, 07:59 Reply

The smartphone market is huge. They can dominate the market without killing the iPhone.
      There’s place for everyone.
      ______
      Pam from a android website

• Custom LED Light
      June 10, 09:06 Reply

I guess I just don’t see people shopping and buying things w/ their
      phones – they’re too small. It’s going to take more to convince me.

• Anonymous
      June 17, 02:32 Reply

INQ and Motorola are also both betting on Android, an open-source operating system developed by Google drm removal

• Mengjin24
      November 28, 03:31 Reply

How to remove wmv drm?  Is there a way to Remove WMV DRM excellently? Yes. Try wmv drm removal software, it is professional yet easy-to-use to remove wmv drm protection even without liscence. It can not only remove drm from wmv files, but various other kinds of formats, such as m4p, m4b, m4v, wma, m4a, aac, aa, etc. It is compatible with Windows 7 / 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista with 1G Hz CPU or above.