January 26, 2015

Beautiful Widgets Are Back

beautiful_widgets_return

A few days ago, HTC served LevelUp studios a cease and desist order regarding their Beautiful Widgets. The company claimed that the Beautiful Widgets were too similar their own, which were designed for phones with Sense UI. LevelUp promptly obliged and removed the product, only to return today with a revamped look that doesn’t step on HTC’s toes. I was particularly disappointed to see the C&D go out, if only because that was the first I had learned of Beautiful Widgets. Now that it’s back in the market, I eagerly purchased a copy, and while there’s something to be said for the nostalgia of a flip clock (I have one on my desk) the new look is fantastic.

Beautiful Widgets can be found in the Android market for .99 Euro.

1. VicMatson

You must work for Verizon, they don't know what 1/10 of a cent is either.

But, at first I didn't like the new widget, then I switched to a darker wallpaper and all is well.

2. Todd Randolph

kinda bummed with the new look – I had an unhealthy affection for the flipclock look. so I switched over to weather widget donate. is there a used apparently marketplace?

3. momo

is the one on the right the old and the left the new?
    or are they both versions of the new one?
    or neither?
    wtf, thanks for all the info

4. Valerie

You can have both! Just download 'Weather Widgets' to get the flip clock. I change my phone's look daily, and I like the look of both of these.

5. netbookHüllen

WOW,thats great.If a new mindset comes about where people and small businesses in general understand and easily grasp the benefits of using widgets or providing them on their websites for others to utilize we will see a an overwhelming evolution in the kind of widgets provided, the numbers of them in use, and the inteligence of their practicality

6. arieff