Nexus One to be $530 Full Price, $180 on Contract
Here we go!Â The details are going from a trickle to a downright deluge these last few hours.Â As we near the January 5th press event, chances are pretty good that we’ll know all the ins and outs before their officially announced.Â Here’s what Gizmodo is reporting this evening…
The full cost of the handset will be $530 unsubsidized. Google won’t deliver us from the evil that is the US system (yet).Â Don’t feel like dropping a mortgage payment?Â Sign a 2-year agreement and get it for $180.00 instead.Â As of right now, there’s only one rate plan to choose from: $39.99 Even More + Text + Web for $79.99 a month.
A few other bullet points:
- Existing customers cannot keep their plan if they want a subsidized phone; they have to change to the one plan, and this only applies to accounts with one single line
- Family plans, Flexpay, SmartAccess and KidConnect subscribers must buy the phone unlocked and unsubsidized for $530
- You can only buy five Nexus One phones per Google account
- There is language in the agreement of shipping outside the US
- Google will sell it at google.com/phone, which totally makes sense to us
- Google will still call it the Nexus One apparently, and not the Google Phone
Check this out: Wanna cancel your plan before 120 days is up?Â You have to pay the subsidy difference between what you paid and the unsubsidized price.Â That’s $350, kids.Â Or you can return the phone to Google.
You might also like
It was touch and go for awhile, but the newest reports seem to indicate that the newest LG flagship phones should receive Android 5.0. A rep for LG in the
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2HET66XYdQ[/youtube] Our friends and CES 2011 partners at streamly.tv got a first at CES today, check out the above video to see the calm before the storm in Las Vegas!
Sorry to beat you guys over the head with Sylvania tablet articles, but we just came across a few details we’d not seen elsewhere. According to the Hasting’s Black Friday ad, the 7-inch tablet is alleged to feature a 1GHz ARM 11 Processor, 256MB RAM, and an 18GB hard drive.