Nexus One to be $530 Full Price, $180 on Contract
Here we go!Â The details are going from a trickle to a downright deluge these last few hours.Â As we near the January 5th press event, chances are pretty good that we’ll know all the ins and outs before their officially announced.Â Here’s what Gizmodo is reporting this evening…
The full cost of the handset will be $530 unsubsidized. Google won’t deliver us from the evil that is the US system (yet).Â Don’t feel like dropping a mortgage payment?Â Sign a 2-year agreement and get it for $180.00 instead.Â As of right now, there’s only one rate plan to choose from: $39.99 Even More + Text + Web for $79.99 a month.
A few other bullet points:
- Existing customers cannot keep their plan if they want a subsidized phone; they have to change to the one plan, and this only applies to accounts with one single line
- Family plans, Flexpay, SmartAccess and KidConnect subscribers must buy the phone unlocked and unsubsidized for $530
- You can only buy five Nexus One phones per Google account
- There is language in the agreement of shipping outside the US
- Google will sell it at google.com/phone, which totally makes sense to us
- Google will still call it the Nexus One apparently, and not the Google Phone
Check this out: Wanna cancel your plan before 120 days is up?Â You have to pay the subsidy difference between what you paid and the unsubsidized price.Â That’s $350, kids.Â Or you can return the phone to Google.