How To: Make Your Own Android Doll

Looking for something to pass the time this New Years weekend?  Once you’re all caught up with AndroidGuys news, you should take a few minutes to make your own Android doll and phone holder!  The process seems simple enough and, depending on what shade of green you get, looks 100% authentic and adorable!

Check out the quick tutorial video below for a simple walkthrough of the process.

If you decide to make one of these, send us a picture!

Source: Recombu

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6574 posts

Grow Random and Unique Plants on Home Screen with Droots Live Wallpaper

We learned of a new live wallpaper this morning called Droots which enables users to grow unique, completely random plants on their Android home screens.  Droots,  or digital roots, take

WSJ: Samsung wrestles top spot from Apple in smartphone shipments

According to an article posted on the Wall Street Journal today, Samsung has taken the lead as the company which shipped more smartphones than anyone else.  Selling more than 20

CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies come to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 – T-Mobile, Verizon, 10.1v, and wi-fi versions

If you’ve got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, you know that you can feel a little, well – alone in the development department. However, cheer up, and get ready for

1. foebs
    December 31, 16:45 Reply

Ah geez… turn those seams inside out and round it out and you will have a proper plush. This looks bad ;-)

• aleis
      December 31, 17:34 Reply

i concur didnt u guys pay attention in home economics! :)

• Davest010
        December 31, 18:18 Reply

Heh…that was my first thought too. I actually made a very similar robot plush in middle-school home ec, and you can be sure that my teacher never would have accepted this sort of work. ; )

• foebs
          December 31, 20:00 Reply

public education… damned in preparing me for high level maths, but they teach a mean cross stitch.

2. Shawn
    January 01, 04:48 Reply

It would have been better to have some sort of Android Phone in the video. What crap phone is that! Centered in the video and everything…

3. @FakeGreenDress
    January 02, 21:53 Reply

I crocheted a stuffed android doll a while back — I'd be happy to provide a tutorial if anyone is interested. http://bit.ly/25kP2e is a pic. He's pretty easy to do, I made him up as I went along.

• laihiu
      January 10, 14:14 Reply

yes it's basically a 30cm tall green android robot zipper bag, with detachable arms & legs AND is water-resistant. the shell is supposed to be strong and big enough to hold my Nikon D40X with lens on :-) i wrote a blog post for it here:

cheers :)

4. SuetiMueti
    July 21, 10:11 Reply

i want to make a crossstitch android, anyone could sen me a pattern pls?:)