General Mobile’s Unveils COSMOS
Rumored for a few weeks and expected later this quarter, General Mobile’s second handset has been officially announced.Â As compared to the DSTL-1, the COSMOS is a step forward in terms of specs and features.Â But will steps be enough when other handsets like the Nexus One are taking leaps?Â It’s pretty hard to contend with a phone that has 512MB memory when you’re offering 128MB.
On the other hand, General Mobile should be commended for their efforts.Â Rather than churning out knock-off and wannabe handsets, the company appears to take their approach very seriously.Â The COSMOS will be the first handset from General Mobile to have their new Storeoid application portal preloaded.Â The full list of specs is after the break.
- Powerful CPU (Marvell PXA935 (Tavor P65), HSDPA/WCDMA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM)
- Android OS 2.0 Eclair
- 5.0 MP AF camera (Same as the DSTL1)
- 3.2â€ HVGA (320*480) full capacitive multi-touch screen and rich multimedia format supported
- New 3D animated UIs
- Built in GM android market application (Storeoid)
- Internet access via EDGE/HSDPA (3.6Mbps DL)
- Bluetooth2.0, WIFI 802.11 b/g
- 256MB NAND, 128MB DDR, Micro SD up to 16GB
- Tracking ball
- GPS and digital Compass
- FM Radio
- 1500mAh Battery