Europe's HTC Hero to Get Android 2.1 Mid-February?
We just received an email from our friends at http://android.com.pl who are advising that all HTC Hero units in Europe will see an upgrade to Android 2.1 starting February 15th.Â They’re claiming their source for this comes from the top at HTC Poland.Â We’ve been hearing rumors of HTC skipping Android 1.6 to jump into the 2.0/2.1 playing field soon. With Android 2.1 just being released yesterday, the news of 2.1 surprises us.Â If it were 2.0 or 2.01, we’d feel better.
On a side note, they’ve been informed that the HTC Tattoo will not make the cut due to its hardware limitations.Â We’ve listed the changes below that are being reported.Â Have any you guys heard anything to confirm this?
- Android 2.1 is much faster
- One interesting option is a preview of desktops, you can zoom out two Finders as pages in your browser. Effect. Effectively reduce the deskop, brillant view.
- Icons have clear coat (Espresso perhaps?)
- At the bottom of the menu we have: phone, menu, contacts
- HTC added a nice transition when you quit the application and move around the options.
- Lock screen is not rounded.
- Faster-running HTC keyboard.
- New widgets from HTC (News and Weather, YouTube)
- Improved flashplayer. Operates smoothly.
- Graphic change in the gallery and video player (Cosmetic procedures)
- And the rest of the news, which introduces a new android. (Market etc.)
- We have more RAM. Â About 130-140mb after killing the process. “