Turner Classic Movies App Coming to Android in February
For those of you who like to watch Turner Classic Movies (TCM), you’ll be happy to learn that a new Android app will be arriving in the Android Market next month.Â The app will provides fans with advanced schedules, historical information on hundreds of films, fan commentary, photo galleries, original posters, artwork, and whole host of other features.Â The price for the TCM application is not yet known but an iPhone version was released today for $2.99 in iTunes.
The app is expected to see daily content updates with future releases to include access to “more video and photos, complete access to TCMâ€™s entire movie database, photo utilities, added schedule features and access to TCM Fan Community content.”
Features according to the Turner Newsroom”
- A complete schedule of movies playing on TCM, with full-month views up to two months in advance, personalized to each fanâ€™s time zone.
- An optimized version of the TCM Movie Database, complete with synopses, credits, trivia, detailed background information from the American Film Institute film catalog and fan comments.
- Rich video content, including hundreds of movie clips, trailers and TCM promos, all presented in their original aspect ratios, including widescreen content that maximizes the landscape-view option found on some devices, such as the iPhone and iTouch.
- Photo galleries for films playing on TCM, including such compelling assets as original lobby card sets, behind-the-scenes production stills, publicity stills, original poster art and more.
- An optimized version of TCMâ€™s critically acclaimed MovieMorlocks movie blog.
- In-depth articles by TCM staff members writing about the history and making of nearly every film on TCM.
You might also like
Consumer electronics giant LG is rumored to be going back into a market which they decided to vacate a few years ago. According to Korean tech site Munhwa.com, LG is getting quite serious about tablets
T-Mobile USA CEO John Legere says a Sprint Corp. merger and/or consolidation can help battle the likes of AT&T and Verizon Wireless. Consider this our official confirmation that Softbank is interested in
A larger image of the MotorolaÂ Morrison has made its way online.Â It looks exactly like the thumbnail from just under a month ago, yet somehow we were surprised when