Nexus One Dock Details Emerge

We just received an email from one of our readers who had a chance to play with the forthcoming Nexus One docks.  Based on his description, we’re in for a pretty nifty little device.  We’d previously heard whispers about Bluetooth integration and our guy was able to detail how it works.

…it’s a small dock where the phone sits in it vertically. My friend has a soft case around his Nexus one and it sat in the dock just fine even with the case on. The dock itself has an audio mini-jack allowing speakers to be connected to it, but unlike any of the iPhone docks that only play when you have the phone in the dock, the Nexus One Dock uses Bluetooth to transmit music. You can play music through the speakers or within Bluetooth range. The range was surprisingly good, able to play music with the phone 20+ feet with a wall or two between.  He had computer speakers attached, so I’m assuming the audio port is a standard mini-jack.

Unfortunately, he didn’t get a chance to look at the back of the dock to verify whether or not there was AV-output.  According to a recently spotted Google Ad, the dock will “charge phone, play photos, slideshows, and more.”  Engadget is guessing we’ll see the dock announced and/or released within a matter of days.  We can roll with that.  Will you pick up a dock at $45 for your Nexus One?

Thanks to John from San Jose!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6607 posts

HTC Adds Flyer to List of Devices with Unlocked Bootloader Support

HTC has quietly added yet another device to their officially support unlocked bootloaders, this time tossing their Flyer tablet in the mix. The growing list also includes various versions of

CWAC’d Up: Alternative Adapters

Android’s ListView can hold rows of widely-varying content, but setting those up can be a chore…unless you have help. Learn about two CommonsWare Android Components, SackOfViewsAdapter and MergeAdapter, that will help with this, in today’s episode of Building ‘Droids!

The G1 is gone.

This is a hard article for me to write!  I feel like I am saying goodbye to a good friend, a comrade in arms, a companion that has been with

1. Casper
    January 25, 17:42 Reply

Of course I will buy the Nexus One dock. What could be sweeter than a beautiful OLED nightclock charging for the day ahead, next to you while you sleep.

• kcx
      January 26, 00:56 Reply

Better check the brightness control before getting too excited. Hopefully OLED makes it better, but the Droid nightclock is bright enough to read by.

2. gshocker
    January 25, 18:20 Reply

Sounds cool. I am still hoping that they come out with a car dock. I love the Droid car dock and having one for the Nexus One would be perfect.

• Ian
      January 26, 01:50 Reply

Check the official Nexus One support page under the "Car Home" section. It states right there that Car Home will automatically launch when the Nexus is placed in the Car Dock (Coming Soon)

3. Tony
    January 25, 19:19 Reply

Great! I've been waiting for the desktop dock. Now please please release the car dock so I can use my Nexus One for Navigation!

4. Jeff
    January 25, 22:51 Reply

I agree with Tony – Need a phone dock too – I may buy 2 desk docks

5. Casper
    January 26, 01:48 Reply

Well that's just the thing… I am already using my N1 at the night table. The OLED means absolutely no "leakage" of light unlike what we are known to with LCD. So trust me, that is not a problem.

6. Brad Ford
    January 26, 02:44 Reply

Yes the screen is the perfect brightness. But the 4 buttons on the bottom still seem a bit bright.

Also it needs to have the option to supresses message notification noise and lights when in the low brightness dock mode.

7. Casper
    January 26, 03:22 Reply

True. Although that must be possible to fix/change by next update, considering all the N1 accessories coming out.

• MobileOSNews.com
      January 27, 12:15 Reply

Thats true… and wow androidguys arent you a little late on this story, like 10 whole days late…. it has been here for a while http://wp.me/pIqqY-uZ but instead of a random guy, this one comes from th Bluetooth commission

8. farhad
    July 06, 08:52 Reply

yup the desktop dock really rock!

9. nining
    July 20, 15:10 Reply

android a good one,,what is the car dock mean?? thx..