Motorola’s Droid Update Detailed, Sorta
It’s already publicly known that Motorola plans to roll out an update to the Droid which will see it pick up Android 2.1. We’re waiting for the update to hit, literally any day now.
As we wait for the official word, we thought we’d recap what you Droid owners will be seeing.
- Voice recognition for virtual keyboard. This is the feature that allows you to speak instead of typing. Anywhere you want.
- Virtual/soft keyboard enhancements.
- 3D Gallery – Same as Nexus One, designed by Cooliris
- Pinch to zoom/multi-touch for maps, browser, and gallery.
- News and weather widget
- Google Maps 4.0 with all the new stuff, like Buzz.
- Enhanced Music application. New tabs at the top for easier access an navigation to artists, songs, albums and playlists.
- Google Goggles
If you head to Motorola’s FAQ page, you’ll run into somewhat of a dead-end. Right now, it just says “There is a release coming, check back soon.” This is different from earlier, where it fleshed out all the details. Does this mean there’s more to the update? Did someone jump the gun and push out the news a little to early?
Any of you Verizon customers stoked about the update? What is it that you are most looking forward to?
You might also like
Earlier this month, we heard about the HTC One Max, a phablet made to go head-to-head with the famous Galaxy Note series. And recently, it was rumored that we might
Amazon just pinged our inbox to let us know that they will be offering some savings on select Android apps this coming weekend. Starting this Friday and running through
A few days ago, AT&T officially and exclusively started taking pre-orders for the beautiful Garnet Red Samsung Galaxy S III, but according to Pocket-Lint, Samsung is looking forward to launch