The Astonishing Tribe’s ‘TAT Home’ Pours Flavor All Over Vanilla Android Experience

One of the founding members of the Open Handset Alliance, The Astonishing Tribe, has just announced their new TAT Home in Barcelona.    Touted as a “gesture-powered 3D Home screen” for stock Android, it adds a gorgeous interface to base experience.  Using TAT Home, users can pull up many common tasks including  messaging, music, weather, and contacts without actually leaving the home screen.

With their own unique widgets and 3D graphics, TAT Home gives Android an injection of sexiness that we’ve not seen yet.

A quick rundown of the widgets created by TAT include:

• Weather Widget — flip between a compact at-a-glance forecast and detailed data with a simple gesture;
  • Clock Widget — set the alarm in the most intuitive way and enjoy the ultra smooth wake up experience;
  • Messaging Widget — do your everyday tasks with SMS and MMS;
  • Music Widget – play your music from the small remote or flick into the immersive 3D album browser
  • Contacts Widgets – quickly select a contact from the grid of Faves with zero setup

There’s also a ‘Widget Fan’ that ties all of this together.  As you’ll see in the video below, it shows all panes of the Android home screen with widgets and shortcuts displayed.  Using their gesture-based design, it’s easy to jump from screen to screen or add shortcuts to apps and widgets anywhere on the phone.

We’re really in love with where the look and feel of Android is headed.  As evidenced with Cooliris’ photo gallery and this new TAT Home, the polish and glamor that we want out of Android appears to be right around the corner.  We can’t wait for an OEM or ODM to pick this up and run with it!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6577 posts

LIMITED TIME PROMO: Amazon offering dozens of paid and premium apps for free

Looking to scoop up some quality Android apps and games but don’t want spend a penny? You’re in luck! Amazon is, for a limited time, offering more than two dozen titles

Available Now: CLIQ XT For $129.99

T-Mobile’s latest handset, the Motorola Cliq has officially gone on sale today for 129.99 with a 2-year agreement.  The touch-only MOTOBLUR smart phone features Flash-enabled software for web browsing, pinch

Famigo makes easier for parents to hand Android phones to their children

Prevents children from making calls, accessing internet, clicking on ads, and more.

1. Chris
    February 15, 21:36 Reply

Where can I get this? I have been looking hard EVERYWHERE for this? Where can I find it? Or how long I'm I gnna have to wait till they release it…. ")

2. Jesper
    February 15, 21:40 Reply

Like they say at the end of the video, you can sign up for a "User Experience (UX) preview program", probably beta, at http://www.tat.se/home.

• Mike
      February 15, 22:27 Reply

that link is dead…. :(

• Shonzilla
        February 16, 16:29 Reply

Always be wary of links ending with a period (or comma).
        Apparently, WordPress mis-interpreted the link.

BTW, TAThome looks sexy althogh not necessarily consistent across widgets. Regardless, people will be happy using it and showing off, which is the most important I guess. ;-)

After designing the original Android UI it's nice to see TAT get to Android with their own product. I wonder if they'll go into developing more complex widgets or apps (like Email) or will stay within the simple-but-candy widgets domain.

3. schwiz
    February 15, 22:45 Reply

oh sweet I love gimmicks on my homescreen…

• Modakram Khan
      September 16, 06:26 Reply

TAT Home, users can pull up many common tasks including  messaging,
      music, weather, and contacts without actually leaving the home screen.coding medical

4. Ethan
    February 16, 09:14 Reply

I want it! This is definitely the sweetest looking (and by the looks of it smoothest running) home app. The only problem is with how much (cool) stuff is on it, it's probably gonna take up a lot off memory.

5. webe pimpan
    February 16, 16:56 Reply

its got a period after home thats why the link doesnt work. delete the period and it comes right up

• Modakram Khan
      September 16, 10:25 Reply

TAT Home, users can pull up many common tasks including  messaging,
      music, weather, and contacts without actually leaving the home screen.billing medical

6. spydie
    November 12, 18:34 Reply

Crap, it won’t be released into the Market. They are trying to sell it to some phone vendor. Guess it’s dead in the water… and it looked so promising. No more User Experience demos are being given out either, so we’ll never get to see it again. Wish someone could kill all websites that demo it or talk about it as old “teasers” like this just clutter the internet for no good reason.

7. mike geary
    November 21, 09:01 Reply

I am really excited about the astonishing tribe’s ‘TAT Home’ pours flavor all over Vanilla Android Experience. It is really different. Thanks.

8. alex
    January 11, 02:52 Reply

Android is not coming hours. They are trying to OEMs to buy and have said they have no plans to launch on Android Market. Why is that the user plays around with the Facebook widget – TAT has done this or why they are playing around with it, as it is something they have done?

Alex,

9. Joe
    March 14, 18:55 Reply

Android is becoming Android is becoming the largest open-source software used for mobile devices. It’s operating system, middleware and applications are top notch and have several unique qualities that are unmatched by other mobile software. I wouldn’t be surprised if it blows Iphone out of the water.

10. zagam2
    March 16, 08:11 Reply

It will not be released to the market. They are trying to sell several of its phone suppliers. Guess it’s dead in the water … he looks very optimistic. No more demo user experience, or dispersed, so that we can not see it again. Hope someone can kill all of the sites, presentations, or talk about it like the old “teaser”because it is just no reason to clutter the Internet…thanks

11. casas rurales asturias
    March 17, 11:06 Reply

I enjoyed reading it. I need to read more on this topic…I admiring time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info.

12. casas rurales asturias
    March 17, 11:06 Reply

13. Zaheer Khan
    August 21, 19:25 Reply

I admiring time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info. coding and billing