The Astonishing Tribe’s ‘TAT Home’ Pours Flavor All Over Vanilla Android Experience
One of the founding members of the Open Handset Alliance, The Astonishing Tribe, has just announced their new TAT Home in Barcelona. Touted as a “gesture-powered 3D Home screen” for stock Android, it adds a gorgeous interface to base experience. Using TAT Home, users can pull up many common tasks including messaging, music, weather, and contacts without actually leaving the home screen.
With their own unique widgets and 3D graphics, TAT Home gives Android an injection of sexiness that we’ve not seen yet.
A quick rundown of the widgets created by TAT include:
- Weather Widget — flip between a compact at-a-glance forecast and detailed data with a simple gesture;
- Clock Widget — set the alarm in the most intuitive way and enjoy the ultra smooth wake up experience;
- Messaging Widget — do your everyday tasks with SMS and MMS;
- Music Widget – play your music from the small remote or flick into the immersive 3D album browser
- Contacts Widgets – quickly select a contact from the grid of Faves with zero setup
There’s also a ‘Widget Fan’ that ties all of this together. As you’ll see in the video below, it shows all panes of the Android home screen with widgets and shortcuts displayed. Using their gesture-based design, it’s easy to jump from screen to screen or add shortcuts to apps and widgets anywhere on the phone.
We’re really in love with where the look and feel of Android is headed. As evidenced with Cooliris’ photo gallery and this new TAT Home, the polish and glamor that we want out of Android appears to be right around the corner. We can’t wait for an OEM or ODM to pick this up and run with it!
You might also like
Some interesting news to report tonight. Apparently a document leaked recently in the Droid Forums indicating that the original Motorola Droid has reached end of life status (say it ain’t
Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha’s press event at CES today lasted less than half an hour but he crammed some fairly big news into that short time. The highlights:
Get ready, the Android smartwatch space is about to get crowded. As if it’s not already a busy market with bands, trackers, watches, and wearables, we now have Android Wear