Verizon Announces FiOS Mobile Remote App for Droid

Chances are pretty good that you’ve lost your remote control a time or two in the past, be it in the couch cushions or under the bed.  Chances are also pretty good that you almost always know where your cell phone is at a given moment.  Verizon understands this and has announced their FiOS Mobile Remote application for the Motorola Droid.

Starting this week, Verizon customers with FiOS TV and a Motorola Droid can use their Android phone to control their HD set-top-box.  All your favorite control features and functions come along for the ride, including changing channels, manage parental controls, pausing, rewinding, fast forwarding or recording TV shows.  On top of that users can transfer individual photos from the phone to the TV or view stored photos in a slide show.

Users can also import favorites from the TV to the Droid and then use the phone to pull up these channels on any FiOS TV.  If your phone rings, the Droid will automatically mute the TV for you.  According to Verizon, setup is a breeze.  Download the app from the Android Market and then pair it with the WiFi network using the Mobile Remote Widget on the TV.  Once you register your phone number, you’re off and running!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

Reddit seeks developers for official mobile app

Are you an app developer looking for work in the San Francisco area? Reddit may be the place for you! Reddit is looking to go mobile, and would like to

Android Developer Challenge 2!

One way to make money with Android is to win contests, such as the Android Developer Challenge 2 — read more here!

Game Insight set to Release Underworld Empire Builder ‘Crime City’ This Month

Those of you who enjoy games like Paradise Island and My Country but wish it had a little more ‘gangsta’ flavor are advised to keep your eyes open.  Game Insight,

1. Rob
    February 18, 21:20 Reply

Think non-verizon users will get a hacked version?

2. Cturnkeyc
    March 30, 16:56 Reply

I installed the Fios mobile remote and widget on the set top box. However, when activating the mobile remote on the Droid it indicates the mobile devise is not connected to Wi-Fi. I have activated the Wi-Fi on the Droid and I am located approximately 4 feet from the router. It continues to indicate the Droid is not connected to Wi-Fi. Any suggestions?

3. Cturnkeyc
    March 30, 17:16 Reply

I was able to connect to WiFi. Now the new problem is Mobile Remote indicates “Unable to connect to the Set-Top Box. Please launch the Mobile Remote widget on the TV again and restart the Mobile Remote application on your mobile device.” I have done this and the widget indicates the Droid is already registered. Any suggestions?

4. TP2user
    April 24, 12:03 Reply

Works on my Touch Pro2 even though Widget on TV set says the TP2 is "coming soon." I guess sooner than they thought!

5. uggs outlet
    June 28, 01:24 Reply

Enter text right here!Hi, hello friends, I would like to recommend a Web site, this site uggs outlet in ugg boots of good quality, and boots are warm. This boot is made of sheepskin, wool and soft foam. This boot style and there are many kinds of styles, you can click on ugg boots store on this site you can find out more information. Cold winter is approaching, you can put on a pair of boots and feet feel warm. At Christmas, you can also buy a pair of sheep leather boots give to your friends. If you want to buy our sheep leather boots, please visit our site ugg outlet store.

6. doel
    July 17, 18:49 Reply

nice post. thank you so much for sharing. i like it :p

7. simon
    February 13, 10:20 Reply

Having similar difficulties. I guess my droid does’nt have an IR.

8. I am really excited about the interesting feature of FiOS mobile remote app for droid. I think it has brought much satisfaction, comfort and usefulness to the consumers. thanks for the refreshing post.

9. I am really excited about the interesting feature of FiOS mobile remote app for droid. I think it has brought much satisfaction, comfort and usefulness to the consumers. thanks for the refreshing post.