Latest AdMob Shows Android Users are Mostly Dudes
The January AdMob report (PDF) is out today and it shines a little bit of light on who the typical Android users are. We already know that Android growth is steady, but just are the people using these phones? As it turns out, we’re mostly Android Guys. See what we did there?
A few bits we gleaned from the report:
- 73% of Android users are male
- 24% of Android users are under age 25
- Android users spend about 80 minutes a day using apps
- Only 6% of Android users plan to pick up an iPad (Duh)
- 84% of Android users would recommend their device to others
- Android users download roughly 9 apps every month, nearly identical to iPhone users
- Only 21% of Android users purchase at least 1 paid app per month
Up until now, there haven’t been any “girlie” phones for Android so it doesn’t surprise us that nearly 3 out of 4 users are males. The 84% satisfaction and recommendation rate should grow over time as users have more options to choose from when buying handsets.
Anything in here surprise you?
You might also like
Black Friday savings on some of our favorite Android games!
Google Play intros “Designed for Families” program that will make finding family friendly apps easier.
The Play store has thousands of apps that range from all sorts of categories; games, photography, educational, shooters, the list goes on and on. While it is great to have
The media onslaught from Samsung continues on it’s upcoming Galaxy 2 smart phone. This time, a commercial on YouTube has a young man in trouble with his girlfriend showing off how slim the phone is by allowing him to slide it under her front door to say sorry. Does anyone else hear “Every Breath You Take” in the background? Maybe that it is just me. Check out the video after the break.