January 31, 2015

Rumor: All Android Phones to See Android 2.1 in US

While some users are are enjoying Android 2.1 on their Nexus One handsets and others (Droid) are poised to see it any day now, the rest of us are left to wonder just how much life and OS support remains.  G1 users are probably the most concerned here due to the limited amount of memory.  If the latest  rumor proves to be true, all Android owners in the US will see Android 2.1 next quarter.

According to a source for AndroidAndMe, some handsets will not be able to take all (live wallpapers) of Android 2.1 features but will maintain the general backbone (firmware).  This matches up with previous information we’ve heard before where Android 2.1 might be available in pieces via apps and select downloads.

As of right now, it’s said that the carriers and handset makers are hammering out details as to how and when the updates will roll out.  AndroidAndMe’s sources also indicate that some handsets will require a wipe to get the update and may or may not involve tethering.

G1 and myTouch 3G owners are rumored to be among the first to see these updates if/when they start next quarter.

1. jr157

Wtf,I just don't understand I go out and drop 500$on a phone that I think will be in a class of its own then everybody gets the same OS. On there razor or whatever piece of +!"??&. Why can't I have people drooling over my Droid like I did for an iPhone..

2. James

This is great if the rumor is true. It means that Google is listening to the critics (and customers) complaining about the fragmentation in the Android market. If 2.1 can be the minimum software baseline in the first half of 2010, Google might actually start to catch up to the iPhone.

3. SpottedNigel

After putting 2.1 rom on my G1, I'm praying that this happens. One thing they mentioned was how 2.1 was very optimized and scalable and the speed that it ran on this "old" G1 was blazing. The Live wallpapers that were built in didn't work perfectly, but the ones from the market place worked just fine (love the digital rain one. Matrix explosions!).

4. rolly

I have it now on my Nexus one….and I love it. The speech to text and email function is awesome. Google Goggles is cool. I am overall super happy with 2.1.

5. ben dover

Ha! Don't get your hopes up. Nobody can even agree on when phones like the eris & hero are getting 2.0, let alone anything beyond that. I'll believe this rumor (because that's all it is) when I have 2.1 on my eris. Fat chance.

6. DMAGIC448

This artical became a big load of garbage to me when the author said "handsets will require a wipe to get the update and may or may not involve tethering". Im no expert programmer, but any programmer worth his salt can update a peice of software without losing the info already there. N1 owners can rest assured certain features will still be "exclusive" to the N1's chipset. Not even the Droid will see all the features the N1 has in its "custom" build of 2.1

7. backlink building software

It is interesting to watch the rumor “all Android phones to see Android 2.1 in US’ which seems turning into reality as ascertained from the discussion that how the carriers and handset makers are hammering out details as to how and when the updates will roll out and at the same time, AndroidAndMe’s sources also indicate that some handsets will require a wipe to get the update and may or may not involve tethering. Thanks for sharing the information.

8. NickD

I might have to look at updating my HTC Hero then, If I can figure out how to do it that is, it does look a bit complicated.

9. Buy Backlink

Incredible thing….guys and girls, if you are in business or marketing ( which are the same)
    you must be amused right now- look at the comments- the product is amazing as it produces so ferocious comments!

keep it on, I am reading it

thanks
    Nicole Powel @backlinksmarket.Org

10. Notice of Eviction

It quite exciting and great news for the android owners since they are going to see android 2.1 with all the features. It is nice to go through the information in this regard. thanks.

11. Tinavipescort

To find a great
    Conference Centre Melbourne
    , look no further than Foothills
    Conference Centre. If you are having a Conference in Melbourne, Foothills
    Conference Centre is the clear-cut Centre that you require. At Foothills
    Conference Centre, people come from all over Melbourne to have their
    Conferences annually. One of the best Conference Centre Melbourne, Foothills
    Conference Centre will most certainly make you want to return. Foothills
    Conference Centre is a very popular Conference
    Centre Melbourne

12. semwilson

Lowest cost official contract mobile phone deals UK. Free gifts & offers on Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Blackberry, HTC, LG, Apple & Motorola smart-phones range.

13. peloton

Stationary Bicycle Trainer: Cycling offers indoor cycling routines, indoor cycle routines,
    and bicycling routines for indoor cycling, indoor cycle, and bicycle workouts,
    classes, and programs. http://www.pelotondc.com.

POST A COMMENT.