Beta Test This! Tether for Android

Tether, the company who originally produced a Blackberry app allowing users to tether their smart phone data to their computer is now officially in beta! Tether has sent out emails to those previously signed up for their beta this evening. My own notification arrived just a little while ago.  If you are not signed up for this beta but would like to particpate, you can find it here. Fill out the information and you’re good to go.  Happy tethering!

Source: Tether Website and Android Central

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Samsung may release up to five phones in Q1 2014

The Galaxy S5 could be among nearly one half dozen Samsung smartphones released in early 2014 Samsung may introduce up to five smartphones in the first quarter of 2014, including

Android Ported onto TI’s BeagleBoard

Ever heard of a BeagleBoard?  No?  That’s alright, most people haven’t.  Here’s a quick primer courtesy of the fine folks over at Wikipedia: The Beagle Board measures approximately 3″ by

Sony Ericsson dates ICS update for select models

Sony Ericsson has become the latest hardware maker to put provide detailed behind plans for an Android 4.0 update across select products.  Specifically, the company has outlined the starting time

1. Dilbert
    March 10, 16:17 Reply

There is currently an app in the Android market called pdaNet that does this. It's free too.

• Irma
      August 13, 23:42 Reply

for only a month then after that it blocks it until u purchase the full app

2. Morten
    March 11, 14:02 Reply

I use android-wifi-tether (google it). Works perfectly for me.

• @mibjt
      May 31, 12:22 Reply

can this work on a non rooted Droid?

• @mibjt
      May 31, 12:40 Reply

I believe thats for rooted Drodz. Proxiod seems to be better and can surf https unlimited.

3. Shannon VanWagner
    March 21, 15:59 Reply

And if you're using Ubuntu GNU/Linux, I've posted some easy instructions for tethering your Droid via the USB cable (no rooting req'd) over at my blog:
    I've been using this method for awhile now and it works great, and fast too!

Shannon VanWagner
    humans-enabled.com

4. gas grill sale
    June 07, 19:10 Reply

Thanks for the information on tethering apps but there are other players too in the market.

5. Marc
    June 16, 12:04 Reply

Hey, I got the beta, now how do I report a problem with it?

6. Pete Walls
    June 18, 03:21 Reply

I'm thinking of buying an android incredible, but two different reviewers say that EasyTether lite blocks http sites; yet i am reading here that it doesn't. is there a difference between the incredible and the old one?

7. sasima
    July 10, 08:32 Reply

I am happy to learn that Tether is now officially in beta and emailing to those previously signed up for their beta for tethering experience. That is great. bowflex treadclimber

8. Ben
    July 22, 10:38 Reply

I have an HTC Droid Incredible and use EasyTether lite. It works pretty well. Its good for web surfing. Does ok for Hulu. and not very good for Torrents. I cant log onto facebook or gmail because their secure but hey I can live with that. I do plan on buying the 9.99 paid version which does allow for secure sites. its a great app.

Here is some info from the website

It does not require root access. EasyTether shares your Android smartphone connection with your PC. This app allows you to tether your Android to a desktop or a notebook computer. EasyTether uses exactly the same data plan that is used for the on-phone Internet access like in the built-in browser or e-mail app or youtube application. No additional tethering fees.

EasyTether Lite will block secure sites (HTTPS). The paid app does not block secure sites.

9. Oat Roller
    September 19, 08:10 Reply

It is great learning about beta test Tether android. I hope it would be full of fun and enjoying with the new device. Thanks.

10. online movie service
    July 15, 14:22 Reply

Before finally own the tither android, it is really profitable to practice and get used to the new system and features.  However, it is interesting to experience its new and unique features.