November 23, 2014

More Evidence of a Sprint Nexus One?

With the Nexus One headed to Verizon and Vodafone in the coming weeks, customers on other networks are starting to wonder if and when they’re provider will be offering the phone.  One such carrier, Sprint could really use a new Android handset with high end specs like Nexus One.

One of our readers was recently in an online chat with a member of the Sprint team.  Being that he will be ready to get a new handset soon, the subject of the phone came up.

Here’s the interesting part of the transcribed chat:

03/12/2010 11:40:46PM   Rick Bradley: “Questions about upgrading my existing phone”
03/12/2010 11:41:17PM   Agent (Brad M): “May I have your concern in detail?”
03/12/2010 11:42:58PM   Rick Bradley: “Yeah. I’m due for to upgrade my phone to a new handset in the next couple of weeks. I definately want to get the best phone available. I have heard through the rumor mill that Sprint MIGHT be offering the nexus one with google possibly as soon as april”
. I’d really like to use this phone and I’d hate to have to go to verizon.. is there any chance you could confirm or deny this rumor of sprint carrying the nexus one ?
03/12/2010 11:44:08PM   Agent (Brad M): “Sure. Let me check this.”
03/12/2010 11:45:16PM   Rick Bradley: “thank you for checking”
03/12/2010 11:45:28PM   Agent (Brad M): “You are welcome.”
03/12/2010 11:47:02PM   Agent (Brad M): “I am sorry. We do not have any update on the launch of this phone right now.”
03/12/2010 11:47:59PM   Agent (Brad M): “However, I have notated your account.”
03/12/2010 11:48:13PM   Rick Bradley: “in what capacity ?”
03/12/2010 11:48:43PM   Agent (Brad M): “Once we launch this phone, you will be notified with our promotional advertisement.”
03/12/2010 11:49:52PM   Session Ended

While this is not proof of anything concrete, it certainly sounds like Sprint expects to offer the Nexus One in some capacity.   Whether that’s directly through the carrier or more in a supportive role has yet to be figured out.  Also, the echoes a conversation someone else had with the carrier just a few weeks back.

What do you guys think?  Excited by the prospects of the super phone on the Now Network?

• fathom614

It will be great for Sprint to carry the N1. I know of 2 people that will get it on Sprint once it out. Now the question is will cyanogen roms work with the same on cdma handsets as they do with my T-mobile gsm handset?

• webby

The HTC Supersonic sounds more interesting to me.

• fuck

no is shit mate

• Guest

this means absolutely nothing.
    agents are expected to give this type of ambiguous answer in the name of retention. it also avoids the call from being escalated.

• http://twitter.com/JoshTichauer @JoshTichauer

The Nexus One looks incredible, and it's a nice thought that it may be going to sprint, since they have a 4G network …. oh wait, the Nexus One doesn't support 4G … dumb.

• ega278

One way to find out if the Nexus One is coming to Sprint. Someone needs to initiate an online chat again, use the same story, except instead of asking about the Nexus One ask about an Android phone that obviously would never come to Sprint. See if you get the same kind of response.

• Stacey

Psh. I did that. This is what my guy said:
      AgentScott H
      I currently have the HTC Hero and it is a great phone. As far as I am aware, we have no intention, unfortunately, to add the Nexus One. I have heard rumors of more Android devices being added to our lineup, but we currently do not have any Release Dates.

I guess they're hip to the ploy…

• mbrenner

N1 no 4G, Southern California, along with many areas no 4G, so the N1 is a good option for me. I do like the htc customization on their handsets though. If the supersonic had these I would get it even though 4G is not available.

• Andre

Yes, the agent is probably hedging for retention reasons, but the N1 would make a great offering for Sprint. The Supersonic would be a bigger draw for tech enthusiasts, but the N1 is more pocket-friendly, more easily upgraded without Sense, better looking IMO, and sufficiently compatible with Sprint's networks in most areas (I live in Los Angeles, which doesn't appear to be getting 4G this year).

• fuck

my mate said are u single

• kill

tell him/hir i am loking for man or woman

• Jay

I work for Best Buy. Yesterday, I was talking to the manager of Best Buy Mobile in my store and the subject of android phones came up. We talked about her HTC Droid Eris phone compared to my HTC Hero. Soon after, we talked about the Droid and other phones to look forward to. She confirmed to me that the N1 WILL come to Sprint, possibly within the April – June time frame. You can take it or leave it. I just wanted to pass along the information.

• fuck

u r fucked up lol

• kill

jay u remember me la

• Petr

I'm holding out for the HTC Supersonic.

• fuck

u fuck sheep lol

• fuck

do u now were i can get weed in the us

• tiff la

u r fucking crazy u are asking people were u can get weed fuck u u t

u are fucking crazy asking people were u can get weed fuck u get a fucking bath
    u rat

• http://niningm06.student.ipb.ac.id nining

what is itt actually?? hmm,, cant understand it,,

• fuck

im sorry mate

• dappy from n dubz

yo yo yo na na got eney fans on 2 chat 2

• tiff la

k

• https://muhammadf0628.student.ipb.ac.id farhad

will cyanogen roms work with the same on all handsets?

• http://www.fatlossfactorreviewed.org/ fat loss factor by michael allen

It is exciting to learn that the Nexus One headed to Verizon and Vodafone in the coming weeks, customers on other networks are starting to wonder if and when they’re provider will be offering the phone. Thanks for the information.

• http://www.charmingchick.com/ Charming Chick

Good smart acts of prudence to opt for one such carrier, Sprint which could really use a new Android handset with high end specs like Nexus One. Thanks for sharing.

• http://www.thecrickteam.com/ real estate evansville indiana

But with sprint nexus customers, it is a matter of daily feasting thanks to Sprint which could really use a new Android handset with high end specs like Nexus One. thanks.