You Might Be An Android Fanboy If…

Ha Ha! You suck, I rock!

It’s no secret that I’m a huge Android fanboy. Heck, my first story on AndroidGuys was about me being exactly that, and I’ve even shared my doll memorabilia collection with you guys.

In last weeks poll we asked you to complete the following sentence, “You might be an Android fanboy if…”

Judging from the turnout, the Android community has a pretty decent sense of humor (unlike some other fruity fanboys)… While we had a couple hundred responses, I’m just going to post a few here. Some funny, some… well, let’s just say that there were definitely a few that weren’t appropriate (SICK! Some of you guys are SICK!) for posting here. Those have been omitted (I never imagined fruity fanboys being able to do THAT!) here.

So, without further ado, I bring you, You Might Be An Android Fanboy If…

• You find yourself pressing on the TV screen trying to add a widget.
  • You use Layers to find your second story bathroom.
  • You get into west side story style dance fights with iphone users.
  • You ask a woman what apps she comes with.
  • You have an android fan fiction involving a cross over with the smurfs and Steve jobs as Garagmel.
  • You own an Android T-shirt for each day of the week.
  • When asked your favorite celebrity, you say Cyanogen.
  • You dig down anyone on Digg crowing about their iPhone!
  • You Google on the loo (toilet).
  • You have Android bed sheets.
  • You sell your soul to get an N1 because all the cool kids have one.
  • You actually use Google Wave.
  • You see little droids in your dreams.
  • You yell at people buying apples in the grocery store.
  • You never had to jailbreak your phone just to make a phone call.
  • Your first time turning on your Nexus One was booting into the bootloader.
  • You think trix are for green robots.
  • You’re an electirc sheep. (I like this one, good job. –Scotty)
  • You still willingly use a G1.
  • You read the android guys app more than you work.
  • You check AndroidGuys every day.
  • You bought an Android Pillow.
  • You can’t wait to get up every morning to go to the market and update apps.
  • You’re always showing your iPhone friends things they can’t do, and follow by saying,”But the iphone’s good too!” so they dont feel bad.
  • You fantasize about floating widgets in the air.
  • You laugh when an iPhone user drops their precious.
  • You find that anything “Apple” irritates you.
  • You refuse to buy a product because the company has an iPhone app but not an Android app!
  • You pull out your android whenever you go near or in apple store
  • The first thing you touch in the morning an the last thing in the night isn’t your girlfriend
  • You own more android phones than you do lines of service.
  • You have a bluetooth bud in one ear, an ear bud in the other and Google Maps running while driving down the road.
  • You just bought a cliq a month ago and you’re still gonna buy a Nexus One.
  • You bleed green.
  • You wear your charger as a belt.
  • Fake G1 sciphones make your blood boil and send you into a DROIDRAGE!!!
  • You find your girlfriend less attractive due to her lack of metal parts and green skin.
Thanks to Kamlyn, DaBlackAnarch, Fury, and Matthew Patience for their contributions.

As I said, some are good. Some are… yeah. I bet you guys can do a better job in the comments. So, care to continue?

(Art lovingly contributed by www.AndroidSwag.com go buy some of their stuff, they are great guys.)

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4625 posts

3LM announces Android v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich compatibility for it’s Mobile Device and Application Management System

3LM or “Three Laws of Mobility” makes Android enterprise-friendly by providing a host of features to protect data on the device and while in transit to the enterprise. Kicking off CTIA2012, 3LM

Verizon software schedule leaked, lists coming ICS updates

If you’re rocking an HTC Rezound, Droid Razr, Droid Razr Maxx, or a 3G/4G Motorola Xoom, today is your lucky day. A Verizon software upgrade schedule, shown above, has been

Sprint’s Xohm WiMAX Network is Live

Another sign of promising things from the number three carrier. Blazing fast speeds wherever you go sounds like fantasy, but it’s now reality. At least in Baltimore.

1. knight4linux
    March 23, 04:36 Reply

My wife can certainly attest to it being the last thing i touch before bed and the 1st thing I touch in the morning sadly…

But I got plugged!! Haha (kamlyn)

2. Knight4linux
    March 23, 04:38 Reply

And if I'm in the loo you can guaran-damn-tee that my Nexus is in hand.

3. Kane
    March 23, 04:42 Reply

When you get suspended from work for machining a "Android Robot Phone Holder for your car" while on the clock and telling your wife you took a 3 day vaca!

4. Kane
    March 23, 04:44 Reply

And own A G1 (since release) a MyTouch3G, A Cliq, A Behold2 and a Nexus but avoiding paying a bill to afford the spending habbit

5. david
    March 23, 05:46 Reply

alot of that shit is what i do , i gues im a android fanboy

6. suzanna polkow
    March 23, 06:03 Reply

And yes I do most of those things too where are all the FanGals?????

7. Rene
    March 23, 08:31 Reply

You Might Be An Android Fanboy If you read the "You Might Be An Android Fanboy If…" post and alternate between laughing and finding the statements applicable.

8. m3 zero
    March 23, 09:20 Reply

Seriously though, funny little rebuttal ad and props to the guys who put it together. We ARE talking about phones so put it in perspective and have a little fun!

9. simon
    March 23, 11:05 Reply

"The first thing you touch in the morning an the last thing in the night isn't your girlfriend"

hahaha so true!!!! very good

10. Andy in Indy
    March 23, 13:17 Reply

Where do I get the "My phone is smarter than yours!" tee shirt?

• Thiago
      March 24, 14:54 Reply

i want a t-shirt: "my phone is smarter than YOU!"… so better! ehehehe

11. @darktattoo
    March 23, 17:25 Reply

when you flash in and out of Recovery mode<life/time=$

12. paul
    March 23, 17:45 Reply

I quit smoking in order to afford my droid

13. celticchrys
    March 23, 14:28 Reply

…you run Android on your old WinMo phone while waiting on your contract to expire.

14. Brandon
    March 23, 23:06 Reply

……if you long-press a button on your TV Remote for more options.

15. Dude Manguy
    March 24, 00:51 Reply

*ahem* Google Wave does *not* work on any Android device.

• Nate Tellari
      March 28, 18:32 Reply

as a matter of fact! Google Wave DOES work mobile browser… if you run a phone with enough memory ;)

16. Robert Aitchison
    March 24, 14:00 Reply

It's not like anyone has released a replacement to the G1 yet, I'd love to upgrade personally cause I'm tired of the memory constraints.

17. raymond
    March 24, 14:23 Reply

Lol i had a g1 then bought a cliq for a 2 weeks and bought a nexus

18. kathi17
    March 24, 14:26 Reply

You spend all day watching all the Android devs and android newsites on Twitter, and clicking refresh on XDA instead of all the things you should be doing.

19. liam.lah
    March 24, 15:48 Reply

… You spend more time typing things into fastboot than you do typing texts.

20. Shelby
    March 24, 16:57 Reply

You ssh from your Droid to your N1 to compose texts cuz you prefer a hardware keyboard

21. Dylan
    March 24, 17:08 Reply

Haha, oh it's all so true! We should recruit, unite & take on the evil constraining fruit people.
    Btw, has anyone else tried to swype on their computer keyboards yet?

• @scottyabrown
      March 24, 17:16 Reply

lol, Swype on my keyboard… I'm sure I have, but never noticed it. Now I'm gonna be all self-conscious about it.

• Kane
      March 26, 03:55 Reply

LMAO…..The wifey was like what are you doing?

22. Bellicose
    March 27, 14:08 Reply

you use facebook for android to update your status just so it can say 'updated via facebook for android' on your facebook page!!

23. khay
    July 14, 16:01 Reply

thank you for sharing. nice post. i like it :p

24. cuppy
    July 16, 03:35 Reply

if you click your tv remote to call someone..

25. After going through your article, I try to find out whether I am an Android fanboy. The scale or the characteristics given are so many or the range is so wide that I can’t help me being a Android fanboy.

26. Jing Singson
    October 04, 01:27 Reply

There are only few who really like android. On the other hand, android have so much to offer that is why it is useful for them.

27. Michael Andrew Burke
    July 06, 05:27 Reply

your Blood Boils when you read about the Apple vs samsung Ban on the Galaxy Nexus and you Feel like killing Everybody at Apple