March 6, 2015

Verizon Advertises The HTC Desire, But Not Really.

Verizon was just caught by an anonymous tipster advertising the Droid Eris as having an HTC Desire in the box! Everyone, get to Verizon Wireless and demand your Droid Eris with a side of HTC Desire! Ok… So obviously this is a mistake and actually one with a valid reason. In the past HTC has used the the “Desire” name as an internal codename for many other HTC phones including the Droid Eris. It could be assumed that this typo has gone unnoticed for months. Don’t worry folks, I’m sure we’ll get our hands on a Desire soon! Until then we can laugh about this typo.

Source: (Mobile Crunch)

1. sdillon

Just got an Eris from Verizon 2 weeks ago. Where the above box says "HTC Desire," the box I received says, "HTC Phone"

2. cid340

Wasn't "Desire" the original codename for the Eris? If so, maybe this typo has something to do with that?

3. wyoindc

Does anyone realize Eris is pretty much Desire (mostly) spelled backwards? Geez, doesn't anyone read Rowling? Of course, they couldn't call it Erised, it's probably copyrighted.

4. haider

Hi,

HTC Desire in the box! Everyone, get to Verizon Wireless and demand your Droid Eris with a side of HTC Desire! Ok… So obviously this is a mistake and actually one with a valid reason. In the past HTC has used the the “Desire” name as an internal codename for many other HTC phones including the Droid Eris. I think this 8GB memory is enough for any extreme funny, enjoying or family related videos, but high graphics must have more GBs. Anyone realize Eris is pretty much Desire spelled backwards? Geez, doesn’t anyone read Rowling? Of course, they couldn’t call it Erised. I like the person comment.

Thanks & Regards

5. id plates

Thanks for clearing the misconception about the the Droid Eris as having an HTC Desire. However, Verizon advertises HTC desire. Thanks for the information.

6. Oat Roller

It is interesting to learn the news that Verizon advertises HTC Desire. As ascertained, this is a mistake and actually one with a valid reason. Thanks for the information.

7. Edward Green

I was excited by the Desire until news of the Incredible appeared http://www.tubesfan.com/watch/htc-droid-incredible . I am really disappointed with HTC – it feels like they are massively disrespecting the UK by withholding their best Android phone from us. I mean how did they expect us to react? It must affect HTC’s image in this country and it’s surely going to dampen sales.

8. Office 2010

I am a writer and would benefit by having Publisher included in this Microsoft Office 2010. Use Word 2010 and had to have the new version so my documents would open correctly.In fact, I thought it was, so I was sorely disappointed when I realized I now need to buy yet another Office 2010. Coming from Microsoft Office , it is taking time getting use to the new ways of doing the same thing I did in the older version.Stop nickel-and-diming customers.I have used it only one day; therefore I can’t tell how long it will take to adapt. Give people what we need and we’ll gladly purchase things in the future. In fact, we’ll more likely buy Office 2007 because you haven’t required payment for all these other things (like Publisher) Microsoft Office 2007 should have been included in the first place.

9. Anonymous

LSD addiction is difficult to identify quickly, the drug is very easy to
    conceal and very little is needed for a user to get the high or trip
    that they seek. Lysergic Acid Diethylamide is the formal chemical name
    of LSD, generally a colorless tasteless substance, it can be placed by
    syringe or eyedropper on a piece of what is called “blotter” paper, and
    it is found in capsule or tablet form as well.

LSD Addiction

10. dell latitude e4300 akku

Increasingly wide application in a notebook now, laptop battery life issue has become a bottleneck restricting the business activities, many business people are in the notebook battery life issues are a headache

11. klassischer

Die IBM ThinkPads der T Serie sind superflach und leicht. Sie besitzen ein mit Dell 90NITLILD4SU1Titanverbundstoff gestärktes Gehäuse. Sie bieten eine perfekte Balance aus Mobilität und Leistung.

POST A COMMENT.