Samsung shows off Galaxy S Android smartphone
At CTIA Wireless, Samsung has unveiled its latest creation–the Galaxy S smarphone. The Galaxy S is expected to usher in a new era of mobile phones for the Korean based company. All future smartphones will use Super AMOLED displays with Samsung’s new 1 GHz processors.
From the PR shots, the phone seems to have a front facing camera (see below). I guess we’ll know the rest of the juicy details soon enough. We do know that the new screen will be 20% brighter, 80% less reflective, and allow 20% better battery life.
UPDATE: Yup, it looks like there is a “VGA Telephony Camera” according to BusinessWire. Can’t wait to see how they implement it. Will it use Skype, or some other unknown service that Samsung has been working on?
- Android 2.1 OS with Samsung UI
- Quadband GSM and triband (900/1900/2100) UMTS/HSPA
- 4″ Super AMOLED display – 800 x 480
- 1 GHz Samsung processor
- 5 MP autofocus camera + VGA video telephony camera
- Bluetooth 3.0
- USB 2.0
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
- 8 GB or 16 GB on-board storage
- MicroSD card slot – up to 32 GB
- 1500 mAh battery
- Size – 64.2 x 122.4 x 9.9mm, 118g
- 3D graphics – DivX and XviD support
- Content Ecosystem – access to movies, TV shows, videos, books, and more
- Samsung Social Hub – always-on social networking connectivity
- Native GPS with 3D Maps
- Swype keyboard
- ThinkFree – apps to view and edit Microsoft Office 2007 documents
You might also like
Error codes are brilliant – they stop you from doing what you want whilst providing the least amount of information possible by just giving you a code or a number.
The other day, I felt like trying something totally strange and different. As I happily use my Nexus 5 throughout the day, I have gotten to the point where I
The press ink is not even dry after the Motorola Cliq was announced this past week and there is already talk of the Cliq’s failure.Â Here are my top three