Samsung shows off Galaxy S Android smartphone

At CTIA Wireless, Samsung has unveiled its latest creation–the Galaxy S smarphone. The Galaxy S is expected to usher in a new era of mobile phones for the Korean based company. All future smartphones will use Super AMOLED displays with Samsung’s new 1 GHz processors.

From the PR shots, the phone seems to have a front facing camera (see below). I guess we’ll know the rest of the juicy details soon enough. We do know that the new screen will be 20% brighter, 80% less reflective, and allow 20% better battery life.

UPDATE: Yup, it looks like there is a “VGA Telephony Camera” according to BusinessWire. Can’t wait to see how they implement it. Will it use Skype, or some other unknown service that Samsung has been working on?

Known specs:

• Native GPS with 3D Maps
  • Swype keyboard
  • ThinkFree – apps to view and edit Microsoft Office 2007 documents

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4639 posts

How to fix Google Play Store errors

Error codes are brilliant – they stop you from doing what you want whilst providing the least amount of information possible by just giving you a code or a number.

Turning my Nexus into a Yahoo phone

The other day, I felt like trying something totally strange and different. As I happily use my Nexus 5 throughout the day, I have gotten to the point where I

Three Reasons the Cliq Will Click with Consumers

The press ink is not even dry after the Motorola Cliq was announced this past week and there is already talk of the Cliq’s failure.  Here are my top three

1. @tenkely
    March 23, 18:25 Reply

It looks like an iPhone… where is the little green guy love?

2. Breon
    March 23, 18:32 Reply

That might not be a front facing camera. It could be an ambient light sensor.

• Benjamin Rubenstein
      March 23, 18:48 Reply

It could be, but there are 2 other sensors visible on the higher res version of the photo. The one on the right seems more like a camera. I guess we'll know soon…

3. @markpalmos
    March 23, 18:59 Reply

OMG if that IS a front facing camera, this will almost CERTAINLY be my next phone.

4. @giodelgado
    March 23, 19:09 Reply

argh the specs are awesome, why can't they make more qwerty androids!!!!?

5. scott
    March 23, 19:56 Reply

Android is a huge power hog. I'm glad that they've addressed it with a solid processor/memory combination.

Plus the added battery life is nice.

6. ricky
    March 24, 01:11 Reply

Definitely ambient light sensor, the Droid has the same thing.

7. Lars
    March 24, 16:17 Reply

wonder how bad it is that it has no camera flash?

8. shacchouse
    March 29, 18:11 Reply

Nice, cool lookin phone. i would luv to own one.

9. Jeff
    June 25, 16:11 Reply

Hello.
    I am writing to ctell you all not to buy a galaxy S as it is not compatible with latest version of windows – 64 bit windows 7. The Galaxy S was meant to be the latest and greatest Samsung phone and I rushed out to buy one only to be completely frustrated by it’s inability to sync. to my PC which means I can not manage contacts or load music or do anything I could have done with any other phone. After hours of frustrating call to Samsung support I was finally told to partition my PC and install an old 32 bit operating system. Absolutely unbelievable. They would not offer to pay for it though. It’s like bringing out a new car that runs on leaded petrol. Is it also only compatible with video cassettes and 8-track cartridge too?
    Now I know what the S stands for. A steaming great pile of Sh*t !!!!!

10. khay
    July 14, 15:48 Reply

thank you for sharing. nice post. i like it :p