January 26, 2015

ThickButtons For Thick Fingers!

Foo!

OMG, I'm gonna fat-finger this again...

I’m a big dude. I’ve got big hands. There are times I miss my G1 and it’s hard keyboard (not bad enough to ditch the Nexus though). But, thanks to ThickButtons typing has just got a bit easier for those of us who are “less than delicate”. I’ve been switching back and forth between this keyboard and the beta Swype keyboard for the last few days.

I prefer to type with two hands in horizontal mode myself, but I can recognize that there is a time and place to type one handed. Like, say you’re busy winning a Guinness World Record for texting speed.

ThickButtons varies the size of the keys as you type, using predictive text to make keys you’re likely to use next larger. So instead of the software trying to guess what the entire word is, it is only predicting what the next letter is likely to be based upon the letter pressed. For example, if you start a word with the letter “Q”, the odds of the next letter being “U” are very high and it will make that key proportionately larger than the others.

Is it better than Swype? I don’t think so. Swype is starting to grow on me the more I use it. But, for those that simply can’t get themselves to drag their fingers around the screen ThickButtons is a great alternative.

Pick it up in the Android Market (QR below) for free and give it a shot. Who knows, maybe you’ll like it?

Check out the video:

ThickFingers

Scan to download ThickFingers!

1. m3 zero

It looks like ThickButtons will be easier to learn than Swype, which replaces tapping with fluid gestures, but Swype will probably reward devoted users with faster typing speed if they put in the learning time.

2. Mike Leonard

pffftt… thickbuttons is rubbish. Its soooooo slow 90% of the time i miss keys because it take a few milliseconds to resize the keys, so im aiming where it used to be, not where it is. Ive got a G1, so maybe its much faster on the nexus one.

Also, the vibrate on key presses is overly agressive!

3. Ogre

I found that I type to fast for the app. It gets back logged and keeps changing for a second after i finish. Of course this makes the app pointless, because the key I want to hit are still small from its previous command. It is a great idea, but needs to be quite a bit faster to be of any real use.

4. Air Conditioner

Yes thick buttons are better for some healthy people having thick fingers not for people like me.Still then I like this idea because most hand-held devices are getting thinner & smaller so that it's become difficult to handle properly.So this is a nice initial move.

5. niniii0

6. diet solution

It is an interesting piece of article on Thickbuttons. Hope it would be a different and more exciting experience with thisThickbuttons than the beta Swype keyboard so far texting is concerned. Thanks for the information.

7. used auto parts

The Salient feature of Thckbuttons is it varies the size of the keys as you type, using predictive text to make keys you’re likely to use next larger and as a result instead of the software trying to guess what the entire word is, it is only predicting what the next letter is likely to be based upon the letter pressed. Thanks for the information.

8. id plates

This new device would be a good news for those who have thick fingers. It would be a best choice with excellent features like ThickButtons varies the size of the keys as you type, using predictive text to make keys you’re likely to use next larger. Thanks.

9. TheDietSolution

The Diet Solution Program promises a complete and comprehensive weight loss program through the diet solution that will not only help you lose body fat, but guarantees you increased energy, health and vitality all at the same time. With so many weight loss programs out on the market and on the internet today,

10. TheDietSolution

One of the best side effects of the whole program is the increased health and vitality that every participant experiences. Decreases in blood sugar levels, lowered cholesterol, increased energy, elimination of digestive discomfort and cleared skin conditions are just some of the few benefits other people have already experienced.

POST A COMMENT.