Android fans: “Apple, Thank you for the iPad!”

As you might have heard, today lots of early adopters are going to get their hands on the new Apple iPad. As Android fans we should not care about it but if you think about it, it is a great news for Android.

A while back (late 2007), Apple released a new type of phone that marked the start of a new era with touch screen phones.  Now the general consumer is using their phone to check email, look at web pages, install apps, etc.   Prior to the Phone there was not that much going on in smart phones.  Well, there are a few early attempts by Microsoft to fit Windows in mobile devices.

Since the iPhone, each Android handset reviewed gets compared and looked at as potential “iPhone” killers in the mainstream media.  Verizon clearly used the iPhone to promote the Droid with their iDon’t campaign.  As Android fans, it is easy for us to do the comparison to explain what our phone can do to non-techies. You can just start by saying “It is like an iPhone but it also can run apps in the background, you can remove the battery, it has a keyboard…” and so on.

Thanks, again, to Apple, the same thing will happen with the iPad. There are few tablets already released and upcoming running Android: Asus,Kogan, Archos, Google, WePad (my favorite!) and all of them will benefit from the hype surrounding the iPad. Even if they might never sell in the same volume of units as Apple (like the iPhone), overall they will do well just because the iPad will do well. I know that I would never own (certainly not buy!) an iPad but I would certainly consider a WePad and if I have one and need to explain to non-techies, I would be able to start by: “It is like the Apple iPad but better because…”.

Do you agree? Will Apple’s iPad help usher in an era of tablets?  Will Android benefit?  I would like to read your comments…

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Over The Air Update available for the Nexus S…already?

Ahhhh, it must be nice having a handset that Samsung acutally pays attention to.  We are getting work that Nexus S owners are getting an update already for their device.

Alleged images of Samsung Galaxy S6 surface next to the S4 and S5

Leaked photos claim to show the Samsung Galaxy S6. In the first image below, it appears at the right. The S5 is immediately to its left, and the S4 is

Product Highlight: Jabra Motion Series

Jabra yesterday announced a new Jabra Motion Series (Jabra Motion and Jabra Motion UC) headsets designed for the mobile workforce.  Due in Q2 2013, the Jabra Motion features a built-in motion sensor which reacts to movements and various sound

1. iucidium
    April 03, 18:55 Reply

…….depends if they have any vague, bulls**t patents on the ipad to use because they (apple) are fearing android will be taking their market share.

2. Raj
    April 03, 18:55 Reply

Once again Apple already releases an outdated product. The only reason it will sell well is because of marketing and the fact that they released once first. I've seen the Android tablets and they are already better than the iPad. They already have a rear and front facing camera, they already miultitask and unlike Apple, they aren't going to cripple the first generation by enabling 3G support on the 2nd gen tablet. I've seen Android tablets that will have 3G support in the beginning.

Not only that, but boob apps will be unrestricted :P

• John61254
      April 03, 20:05 Reply

Boob apps obviously important to you because that's the only way you'll ever see them. Peace!

• SLUMDOG DROID
      April 04, 07:01 Reply

HEY RAJ. YOU SOUND INDIAN. YOUR FUCKING COUNTRY IS PRETTY OUTDATED. I LIKE HOW YOU CAME TO AMERICA, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK SEAMLESSLY & EFFORTLESSLY OVER HERE, HUH? KINDA LIKE AN iPHONE. YOU DROID BAG!

3. Heath
    April 03, 19:58 Reply

Typing this post on my new iPad right now! All those things are nice but android devices are generally slower than the iPhone and tend to lack any true innovation.

• Kenji
      April 03, 20:47 Reply

Uh, do you even know what you're talking about, Heath? The iPhone 3GS has a 600MHz CPU and 256MB RAM, while both the Nexus One and HTC EVO4G use a 1GHz CPU and 512MB RAM. There are other Android phones with similar specs, too.

As far as lacking any "true innovation", I would think that multitasking by 3rd party apps and 4G connectivity count as "true innovation". You should do your research before choosing a device solely on popularity.

• KENJI KILLER
        April 03, 21:33 Reply

HEY KENJI WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I SHOVE YOUR DROID UP YOUR ASS! SO EVERY TIME YOU SHIT YOUR ASSHOLE SCREAMS OUT DRRRROOOOOOIIIIIIIIIDDDD! DOUCHE BAG!

• ILL KILL YOU KENJI
            April 04, 06:48

AS FAR AS MULTI TASKING, IPHONE DOES DO THAT YOU PIECE OF SHIT DROID BAG! I CAN CARRY A CONVERSATION ON MY PHONE WHILST I PLAY DEER HUNTING USA! I CAN TALK ON THE PHONE WHILE SURFING THE WEB. YOU DUMB SHIT. I DON'T HAVE TO BE RUDE AND HANG UP ON YOU WHILE YOU'RE SHITTING YOU'RE DROID OUT YOUR ASS SO I CAN REFERENCE A PROCTOLOGIST FOR YOU! YOU UNGRATEFUL ASSHOLE. NOT TO MENTION YOU'RE ARGUMENT OF 3RD PARTY MULTI TASKING. HOW IN THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO USE "BILL MINDER" "URBAN SPOON" & "SCRABBLE" ALL @ THE SAME TIME. (THOSE WERE JUST EXAMPLES YOU CONDESCENDING FUCK!) HOPEFULLY YOU'RE DRIVING A CAR WHILE YOU'RE DOING ALL THIS SO YOUR LIFE ENDS JUST AS PATHETICALLY AS THE EMOTIONS YOU EXPERIENCE TRYING TO DEFEND YOUR FAG DROID! TOUCHING ON TRUE INNOVATION REGARDING THE 4G NETWORK, ONLY SPRINT AND A FEW LOCAL INTERNET COMPANIES CARRY THAT & 4G ISNT BUILT INTO THE PHONE YOU DUMB FUCK, YOU NEED TO CARRY AROUND WHAT BASICALLY COMES DOWN TO A PORTABLE MODEM! SO WHY THE FUCK WOULD I CARRY A PHONE AND A PORTABLE MODEM TO SUPPORT INTERNET ACCESS WHEN I CAN HAVE IT IN ONE PACKAGE LIKE AN iPHONE! I FUCKING GUARANTEE YOU YOU'RE NOT EVEN UTILIZING A 4G NETWORK, YOUR GAY DROID USES THE 3G NETWORK 99.99% OF THE TIME. SO HOW CAN YOU DEFEND SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T EVEN USED. I'VE DEALT WITH A LOT OF DROID BAGS LIKE YOU WHEN I WAS DEPLOYED TO IRAQ, WE JUST KILLED THEM! I WISH I KNEW YOUR EXACT LOCATION SO I CAN LITERALLY SHOVE DROIDS UP AND DOWN EVERY ORIFICE OF YOUR BODY BEFORE I PUT A 5.56 IN YOUR HEAD.

• @scottyabrown
            April 04, 21:05

Hey buddy… take a chill pill. You're gonna give yourself a stroke.

• Ray
            July 11, 12:04

actually,you are just proving once again that you are not smart. the evo has built in 4g,not a separate modem,clearwire has 4g in about 20 cities and is expanding fast,and your examples of multitasking are just plain stupid. try running a voip app in the background on your iPhone and call it,it will not ring if the phone is locked,and you will get a notification later when the phone is unlocked. my cliq xt will ring no matter how I lock my phone,even if the app is in the background.another example,launch iheartradio and pick a station,now hit your home button,it will stop the music,mine keeps playing. the limited multitasking that the iPhone now has came with the 4.0 update last month,android is on 2.1,and has had multitasking since before 1.0. oh,and most android devices have better cameras,more ram,a faster processor,better screen,longer battery life,less hardware issues,and stronger signal than the iPhone. and believe it or not,I used to use an iPhone,I actually have 2 of them still,a 16gb 3g and an 8gb original iPhone. I have not used either one since getting my cliq xt.

• Kenji138
          April 04, 00:08 Reply

Dude, are you that angry that you resort to violence and name-calling? That is truly pathetic. I make a logical point that there are other phones faster than the iPhone based on hardware specifications, and you want to shove something up my a**? It hardly seems like I'm the douche bag in this scenario. Be sure to drink as much cyanide-laced Cool-Aid as you can, okay?

• I FUCKED YOUR MOM
            April 04, 07:11

I'M DRINKING KOOL AID? YOU FUCK HEAD! YOU PROBABLY GOT A HARD ON THE FIRST TIME YOU SAW THAT GAY ASS COMMERCIAL OF AN ASTEROID HITTING THE EARTH & A FAGGOT ASS DROID EYE EMERGING! THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE PHONE OR WHAT IT CAN DO. YOU'RE LIKE THE TEEN THAT JUST GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL THAT WORKS AT THE MALL @ A VERIZON KIOSK TRYING TO TELL ME THAT THE iPHONE IS THE WORST PHONE TO BUY & THAT I SHOULD BUY A DROID… THEN YOUR MARIMBA RINGTONE GOES OFF & YOU EXCUSE YOURSELF TO ANSWER YOUR iPHONE. THEN WHEN I FRONT YOU ABOUT IT, YOU TELL ME YOU WERE FORCED INTO GETTING IT SINCE ALL OF YOUR GAY WANNABE ASIAN FRIENDS HAVE AN iPHONE & YOU WERE FORCED TO BUY IT. DRRRRROOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Does Your iPhone Make You A Social Outkast? DROID DOES!

• E.L.K.
        April 03, 23:48 Reply

Kenji – I bet you still use a PC too. It's not about CPU speed; it's about architecture and OS; which Apple is the master. You can't compare Apples to rotten oranges.

• Kenji138
          April 04, 00:12 Reply

E.L.K., yes I do still use a PC. I can do things on my PC that cannot be done with a Mac. I think Macs are better than PCs for some purposes, especially graphics design and film editing. However, I like to build my own computers. I've built/upgraded 5 PCs so far, and that's something you can't do with a Mac.

• Ray
            July 11, 12:06

same here,I am using a 4 year old laptop,I triple boot windows 7,mac os 10.6,and ubuntu linux 10.04,try that on a 4 year old mac. oh,yeah and mine runs everything smoothly on all oses.

• Raphaels
      April 03, 20:56 Reply

Glad to know that you are using your iPad to browse Android related blog…. Not sure if this is allow by the iPad T&C though… :-)

4. James
    April 03, 20:10 Reply

The problem is that it isn't clear if Google wants to support Android on tablets. Are they going to support Android or are they going to force people to wait for Google Chrome?

Some indication of what they are thinking would be helpful.

• Anoymous
      April 03, 20:19 Reply

The question is not "Are they going to support Android" but does Android support Tablets/Netbooks and the answer is No. Its for phones only everything else in an incompatible hack.

5. E.L.K.
    April 03, 20:38 Reply

WOW… You people are so completely uninformed! "It is like an iPhone but it also can run apps in the background, you can remove the battery, it has a keyboard…" Let me explain this in terms you AnDroid cool-aid drinkers might understand. Have you ever even seen an iPhone? 1) The iPhone is constantly running Apps in the background, that's what makes it always ready to serve it's master. Also I cant think of why you would want to run two "desktop" apps at the same time (please give me an example). 2) The only reasons you need to remove your own battery is to reset your POS android when it crashes… Or to replace the battery. If, on the rare occasion the iPhone fails to run perfectly; you just hold down 2 little buttons till you see the little Apple logo wait 90 seconds and pow; no more issue. As far as replacing the battery; with the iPhone you just buy this real cool thing called AppleCare for $69.00 and if any defect (including your battery dying) occurs in the first two years… Apple Inc replaces your iPhone! Neat Huh? And your ignorant point number 3) Obviously you have never seen an iPhone because I have a shock for you… you better sit down… The iPhone HAS A KEYBOARD! Who'd a thunk it? Oh it's not one of those archaic mechanical slide out moving parts that wear out and can only be used in landscape mode POS things. The iPhone has a 21st century multi-touch keyboard. For my last words I'd just like to say that the iPhone is rated #1 by a huge margin in every "real" publication since it came out. I am sure that the aNdroid monthly comic book may be the only hold out. CHECK YOUR FACTS AND ALSO TRY USING AN iPhone FOR A FEW DAYS AND YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND WHAT A BIG-BOY SMART PHONE IS.

• Kenji138
      April 03, 20:59 Reply

E.L.K., if the iPhone is so incredible as you claim, why would Apple want to include a feature found in every Android phone?

The iPhone's "21st century" keyboard is no better than screen keyboards found on Android phones. In addition, there is a new app called Swype which will revolutionize typing on a screen keyboard. iPhone currently does not have this app.

If you really enjoy using a device which everyone can use regardless of technical savvy, I am happy for you. I prefer Android phones because I have much more control over the way I choose to use it. Apple prefers to keep as much control over their customers as possible.

• Loser alert...
      April 03, 17:07 Reply

God you’re just a bit of an idiot aren’t you?

Do you work for Apple? Have you invested heavily in the iPhone? The answer to those two questions is more than likely no, so why don’t you pull your head out of your ass and accept that the iPhone is getting old, and other phones are overtaking it in just about every aspect.

You are obviously another stupid fanboy. Do you think Apple gives a shit if you drop dead tomorrow? Why are you worshipping a piece of metal and plastic.

The iPhone has had its time in the spotlight, there’s only so long people will fall prey to clever advertising which masks over a product’s failings.

Oh, one other thing…’Big boy smartphone’??? Is that what your mommy told you when she bought it for you?

Prick.

• E.L.K.
        April 03, 23:12 Reply

Dear Prick (Strange name??),

What phone has overtaken the iPhone 3GS? The answer is none. Every other cell manufacturer is still chasing the 2G iPhone. I KNOW Apple cares about me by the service I have received since 1987. The iPhone has failings, everything does; but in the cell phone world it has fewer than any other.

Mr Prick, you are just plain delusional… just a hater unable to grasp or appreciate the genius of Apple's designs. By the way; you are very funny… And you most likely don't even realize it!

• Loser alert...
          April 03, 23:51 Reply

Yes it is a strange name, thank you for pointing that out.

Ok when you say overtaken, what do you mean? In terms of sales? Fine. You win, but consider how many (for example) different Android handsets there are out there. To expect them to reach iPhone sales is ridiculous simply because of the sheer numbers of options. Now in terms of functions…have you been living under a rock? Tell me what the iPhone can do that the Android handsets can't? Have you seen HTC's phones, the Milestone? They're amazing pieces of kit! If you say they're not you seriously are just blinded by your love for Apple!

Believe me Apple don't care. No company does. They care that you keep coming back and spending more money (which I'm guessing you've been doing). A little business 101 there just for you.

No I have a firm grip on reality I'm afraid, and I will buy the best product out. Sadly for you at the moment it's not the iPhone. No I'm not a hater, before my Hero I had the 3G, which was great, until I saw the Hero. Maybe the next iPhone will renew my interest, but by then where will Android have got to?

As for being funny, ya I've dabbled in stand-up and received rave reviews, so nothing new there.

Mr Prick, and proud of it.

• E.L.K.
        April 03, 23:14 Reply

Oh… Mr Prick… GOD is not an idiot. Just thought you should know.

• Loser alert...
          April 03, 23:56 Reply

Ah you don't know that do you, have you met him/her/it? No. So you don't know.

Happy Easter.

• Loser alert...
      April 03, 21:15 Reply

Oh yeah I forgot…Apple care…what a joke! I bought my phone and it came with a two year manufacturers guarantee. Ya it's this real cool thing and it costs $0.00 and if any defect (including your battery dying) occurs in the first two years…they replace my phone! Neat Huh?

• E.L.K.
        April 03, 23:18 Reply

What phone and carrier do you have? Never heard of that policy…

• Loser alert...
          April 03, 23:36 Reply

I knew you'd reply my feathered friend! I'm on Orange, it's a HTC Hero.

• Raphaels
      April 03, 21:09 Reply

Hi ELK,

I've seen and used iPhones… these items I've listed as example can obviously discussed but remained true anyway:
      -Apps in background: Try to have one of the radio app (not a podcast) to keep playing while you check email, read a web page or reply to a tweet you know that you just got on the iPhone. You can't.
      Can you track your position by GPS while you walk and listen to a podcast and stop to take photos of butterfly… You can't do the 3 at the same time.
      -Battery, there are 3 reasons to remove the battery in ANY devices: to replace it, to reset the device if it crashes and finally to make the device easy to recycle… Not just one.
      -I am not a fan of hardware keyboard on phones… but some people are. That's what I meant by keyboard. It seems still important to Apple as they have made one as accessory for the iPad.

You obviously missed completely the point of the post… I am glad that Apple has released the iPad (and the iPhone), they have started a trend, or in the case of the tablet help to make something that was there already to be popular.

Regards
      Raphael

• E.L.K.
        April 03, 23:38 Reply

Thank you for the examples. I will ponder this.

Have a great day!

• hazydave
        April 04, 16:02 Reply

Here's why I like the physical keyboard — screen real estate. Check out some photos of the iPad with keyboard in use… that keyboard takes up half the screen. Now, consider this: the iPad has almost twice as many pixels as the Droid (4.5x as many as the iPhone). With that keyboard up, I have the same screen real-estate as an iPad, using my Droid keyboard. And it fits in my pocket.

Now, sure, for content consumption, the iPad may be an advantage (if I lugged it along). But for creation… nope. And Apple is pushing it for content creation for some reason.

• hazydave
      April 04, 15:59 Reply

Well, one reason for running multiple apps is quick switching. But that's just a simple case.

It's not running "desktop apps" that's important, but how about running "non-Apple background apps", which you can't on an iPhone or iPad. What if I want Pandora or some other music player to play while I'm surfing the net and/or reading email?

And at least for the smart phone… why is still called a phone? Not just because it lets you make phone calls, but because it's aggregating all new forms of communications. All of these involve messages coming in asynchronously…. a message is sent, you get it. Maybe it's a ring for a phone or Skype call, maybe it's a beep for any number of IM systems. Each of these only functions properly with a component that's running in the background. If 3rd party companies can't produce such daemons, then only Apple gets to decide which new forms of communications you can use.

How about other kinds of updates? I like the fact I always have a weather indicator in my status bar, and get alerts for bad weather on the Droid… same issues here.

How about location awareness? I have a background program that can alter my settings based on locations, turning off Wifi when it's not needed, maybe changing between "business" and "home" customizations, etc. When I'm travelling, I can run a geologger that tracks my travels by time, which lets me centrally sync all my video and photos (on other cameras, not necessarily the Droid)… and I don't lose one iota of normal smartphone functionality.

I think many iPhone users think that there are only "desktop" apps, because Apple only allows "desktop" apps. That's just scratching the surface of what your device can do for you.

6. William
    April 03, 22:03 Reply

I don't see how any of the Android Tablets are a competitor to the iPad:
    Asus — look at their netbooks (cheap, get what you pay for)
    Kogan — look at the thickness of the thing
    archos – bad touchscreen control
    Google Pad — look at Nexus One
    WePad- Bad battery

William, theamazingipad.com

• WePad
      April 03, 18:37 Reply

How bad is the battery? It said 6 hours on WePad website. I can’t wait to show off my WePad to those rich & dumb Apple fans.

• hazydave
      April 04, 16:18 Reply

My favorite is the Notion Ink Adam. What does it have over the iPad?
      – Android and multitaking (obviously)
      – Built-in camera.
      – Alternate backside pointing device — operate the tablet without obscuring the screen. Sure, the touchscreen still works.
      – Daylight readable display. An eBook reader is useless unless you can read it at the beach.
      – 16 hours of full HD AVC video playback, built-in HDMI out.
      – 160 hours operation in "ePaper" mode.
      – Built-in USB. I can connect my cameras and camcorders, I can back up to USB drives, I can tether to my Droid for internet access (can't hook iPad to iPhone, that's not supported).
      – nVidia Tegra2 chipset — about twice as fast as the iPad (dual core ARM A9, nVidia graphics), and yet, longer battery life.
      – Flash in the web browser.
      – SDHC slot, so I can actually have the pad offloading from my camera or camcorder while I'm still using it.
      – Bluetooth and Wifi built-in, 3G option too.
      – Finally announced base price: $327
      – Android and multitasking (so far superior to iPhoneOS, at least for anyone who knows how to use a computing device, I just have to say it twice).

While I doubt they'll get the fanfare Apple did on "iPad Day", this is in every way more useful to me than an iPad, which I'd find a flashy toy. If the new crews do make it out, expect me to be in line on "Adam Day".

7. Counsel
    April 03, 23:10 Reply

Wasn't it the palm/handspring that ushered on the touchscreen phone in a big way? It was not apple in 2007.

I think palm dropped the ball, and apple refined the simple app-on-the-screen idea for their phone. Apple just made it all screen. Great idea that some of us had hoped palm would have taken back in 2005 or 6.

I still think the Treo 650 is a great phone. Make it all screen, and it would look real familiar-even today.

8. Counsel
    April 03, 23:12 Reply

HP Slate appears nice (abdopen for me to put stuff on). However, we will have to wait and see. First isn't alwys the best.

For instance, anyone remember the first widely successful tablet-PDA?

9. James
    April 03, 20:10 Reply

Some indication of what they are thinking would be helpful.

10. @darktattoo
    April 04, 01:44 Reply

Goto Cloned in china.com there is 2 Android tablets well 3 w/Archos already available but this new one takes the cake 4.8in capacitive screen wifi a/b/g 3g the whole shebang all for under 300 now theres, some news for the faithful Droiders out there it can only help to usher in the tablet era so I hate the product but appreciate what it means for all tablets.

11. ronr50
    April 04, 01:59 Reply

Android is like all things Linux, copy something someone else created and then try to compare its self to it.. If android wants to make a splash, create something NEW like Apple did!

• Pie in the sky
      April 04, 02:27 Reply

What did Apple do that was new? Mutitouch? No. Touchscreen? No. Email? No. Maps? No. Compass? No. Games? No. Apps? No. Music? No. Video? No. Internet? No.

Hmm, quite a list of stuff there. Apple don't do anything new. They steal other ideas and just improve them, then when the original creators realise, they come out with their own products which are vastly better than the Apple ones.

You must be worried about Android to come onto an Android site and see what is happening. No wonder Jobs is suing left, right and centre. At the first hint of trouble he' s just does what all Apple iDiots do, scream and kick and cry and complain that their products are better than everything else. Lol.

12. MatthewPatience
    April 04, 04:25 Reply

Raphael!!! You seem to have incited a riot/flame war in your comments section! Good on you for sparking debate.

13. Vincent
    April 04, 04:39 Reply

Hey ronr50,

iPhone OS is derived from Mac OS X which is built on top of the Darwin Foundation and this is essentially a Unix-based operating system.

Thus all great software are built on top of solid foundations, nothing wrong with that.

14. Carsten Schwartz
    April 04, 07:35 Reply

I agree, I can't help asking the question, who will be the first to install the Android OS and run it on an iPad, now that would be fun. Like the guys hacking the Xbox ;-)

15. johnkzin
    April 04, 14:38 Reply

You forgot to mention the Notion Ink Adam… which, in my opinion, is the best spec'ed tablet out there. Just hope it lives up to the specs and hype.

16. R
    April 04, 18:22 Reply

I’ll never buy the iPad simply because every rich douchebag will be buying one… And also b/c i’m not stupid :D

17. DREW
    April 05, 06:38 Reply

wow there are some dumb fucking people on this earth
    .. why you people feel the need to act like you knpw what your talking about is insane.
    1 . the iPhone does not multitask at all. and if you want an example be in the middle of sending a Facebook message to someone get a text message and respond to it and poof there goes your Facebook session and message…time to start all over…
    2 the EVO from Sprint does have 4g built in there's no modem to carry around you dumbass where the fuck did you pull that out of ur loose asshole?
    I'm not gonna sit here and argue with morons who say dumb shit like carry a modem around and iPhone multitasking.. you people are morons. and guess what … I OWN AND IPHONE 3GS …SO GO FUCK URSELF

• Grammar Nazi.
      February 07, 07:25 Reply

1. Are you captarded, sure as hell looks it.
      2. You own “and” iphone 3gs…. and you’re calling other people stupid.
      3. Android is going to take over the world. in a similar way to skynet… just without the whole apocalypse thing.

Prick Jr.

18. Abdallah
    April 05, 03:02 Reply

I agree.

Thanks to Apple for iPhone and thanks to Apple for the iPad; and thanks to God for Apple. It’s an inspiration for all of us. Especially Google, who after perfecting an algorithm for search, have been copycatting since then.

Regards

19. Eric
    April 05, 13:42 Reply

Personally I hate all things Apple…. including iPods, iPhones, iPads, i(Insert stupid lame name for a device that is mediocre).

Since the iPad is being released and already outdated by its release, they should come out with a second version and call it Max iPad…. now say it fast. That would at least be a useful product from Apple.

Down with Apple!

20. Lord Dextro
    April 06, 15:14 Reply

Urself is spelled: Yourself. It's nice
    that people are so passonate about there phones. This is what is needed for capitalism to work, and new ideas to be realised. It is just a shame that people cannot repect eachothers opinions without getting personal.

• Lord Dextro
      April 06, 15:20 Reply

Oh and I should have used "their" in place of "there" in my prior statement. Forgive my ignorance.

21. Sam
    April 06, 20:25 Reply

Sorry Apple, the iPad does not replace a laptop, no matter what you say in your keynote address. The Android tablets will be as good as the iPad for 50-75% of the price. Apple's will be better in some areas and Google's in others. However, Android is tied to Google, a rock-solid company. iPad is tied to Apple, a company that will be wiped out if Jobs' liver cancer ever causes his demise. I wonder if they have look a-likes ready to go if Steve dies? An entire lineup of iJobs.

22. p90x
    June 04, 09:27 Reply

I'm a little late finding this article, but I loved it.

23. khay
    July 14, 01:45 Reply

great post!!! like this :p

24. Android Fans
    May 25, 17:08 Reply

I don’t have an iPad and I have no desire to get one anytime soon. I say that because much like every Apple product before it, I already have something that handles my on the go needs, so buying an iPad for me would be redundant.