Hey Verizon, Just Announce the Incredible Already!

Anyone following Android can tell you that current holder of worst kept secret is Verizon’s forthcoming handset, the HTC Incredible.  The tiny bits of information hitting the internet have gone from a slow trickle into a downpour.  Late last week, the Incredible was found in the Cellebrite system. The last time this happened, it was for the Motorola Devour.  A few short weeks later, the phone was formally announced by Big Red.

Over the weekend, we saw a handful of tweets from Verizon’s VZWOffers account with references to the handset.  Without officially confirming anything, they do nothing to play dumb or pull the old “We cannot comment on products that have not been announced” deal.  Today sees us getting a screenshot of some activation instructions for the phone.

At this point, it’s just getting silly.  C’mon Verizon, announce the phone and get it over with.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6577 posts

Top SMS apps for Android

One of the beauties of Android is the option of choice, and not having to stick with a certain app or ability that comes with the phone. Whether you use

Android Joins Twitter, Gives us an Ice Cream Sandwich Wave

For all you Android fans out there constantly checking your Twitter feeds for updated news and information about Ice Cream Sandwich, I have some good news for you. You can

Android, FTW!

Two weeks ago I purchased my wife an iPhone 4 to get her to send/receive text messages  (my new toy by proxy) and I got me a couple of Palm

1. Fuzzy
    April 05, 20:00 Reply

Never mind the incredible. Out with the Nexus One already!!! It's been the longest 4 months since I have been waiting and now it has become a running joke at my work AND home!

• Ralphie
      April 05, 21:48 Reply

Coming to Verizon in two weeks, in two weeks, in two weeks…this is beginning to play out like a Milli Vanilli record.

• paul
      April 05, 21:58 Reply

My fiance mocks me constantly because of my phone obsession…its getting out of hand. RELEASE THESE DAMN PHONES ALREADY!!

2. @s34nDROID
    April 06, 02:02 Reply

Can you hear us now Verizon? Don't make us wait to much longer or the EVO and iPhone 4G are going to steal all your data package money. HTC Incredible should came out like 3 weeks ago.

3. @s34nDROID
    April 06, 02:02 Reply

BTW I think everyone should tweet @VZWOffers just to get the point across …

4. TechJunky
    April 06, 02:11 Reply

This is like a running joke on us the consumer. My contract is up in May and up until a few weeks ago I was going to settle for the droid until someone told me there was something else coming. Luckily it's only been a few weeks for me, but I've been checking multiple times a day since the 2FO on the droid ended. I have to say that it maddening to wait and hear about something everyone is sure is there but then nothing. I'm sure it will be out by the time my turn comes but I would like to get some user feed back about it in the meantime. Perhaps live vicariously through a few owners. I just don't understand why they don't put a date out there if nothing else?

5. Ben
    April 06, 01:01 Reply

Seriously. If the 1,000 Droid advertisements I've seen haven't convinced me to buy one yet, I'm not going to get one. Show your customers wanting HTC's latest Android hardware that we have a reason to wait with Verizon and not jump to another provider.

6. khay
    July 13, 19:57 Reply

nice post. thanks for sharing. i like it :p