Boo-yah! Skyfire for Android Beta Leaked

Attention Android fans: so, those nice folks over at XDA seem to have gotten a hold of a copy of Skyfire for Android Beta!  I have to tell you it is extremely fast and extremely sharp, even for a beta.  If your interested in getting a copy, you can download it here! Let us know what you think.

Source: XDA

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Could Google Learn from App Store Business Model?

If you’re a prospective developer for Google’s Android platform and trying to figure out the best way to distribute your application, you might be intrigued by how Apple is handling

PSA: Pre-Order Your Sprint HTC Evo 4G at Radio Shack, Best Buy Now!

As of a now, Evo fans can go into a Best Buy and Radio Shack and preorder the Evo 4G for pickup when the Android superphone launches on June 4.

Thoughts…in brief: Contract, no contract, or screw it all?

If you have read my bio, you know I am a mother, wife, writer, and low-grade tech junkie. I’m no expert when it comes to technology, but I easily learn

1. kimberly
    April 21, 00:16 Reply

sorry, not paying for it…unless skyfire themselves charge us for it

2. snakedr
    April 21, 00:22 Reply

You don't need to pay for it? just click the free download link. Seems very fast very impressed, can't wait for the official release.

3. Swoosh
    April 21, 00:54 Reply

Its very fast but I wouldn't say its polished…

4. @jakechance
    April 21, 00:57 Reply

Just FYI: Skyfire asked that this alpha version be removed from XDA's forums.

5. amd_203
    April 21, 01:07 Reply

Very stupid of you to post a link of an alpha not a beta but an alpha when the CEO asked the links to be taken down. You better not ruin this for us and make them stop releasing alpha and beta software for skyfire.

6. Milk
    April 21, 01:13 Reply

Doesn't work as of now on HTC Droid Eris with 2.1 (not first leak, patched leak.) Nice UI and everything, just wont load any pages – any link times out and shows the default "web page not found" screen with Mr. Android upside down. Oh well, if they wanted us to mess with it they'd ask.

7. @Bulgaro
    April 21, 01:18 Reply

I'm liking it, pretty fast and I really like the navigation buttons have not tried the share option. I trying this on a myTouch3g stock running 1.6

8. John
    April 21, 01:43 Reply

Doesn't work on Cyanogen 4.2.14.1 on G1

9. @JM77
    April 21, 03:31 Reply

Works ok on my Nexus One. I quite like the UI.

There's no multitouch zoom though (and the zoom gadgets seem to be scaled bitmaps rather than OS-native buttons?), and the default zoom level is a bit offputting.

10. jackypond
    April 21, 04:02 Reply

This phone look very nice and attractive I am very glad to seen this it is very nice for us.
    You describe nice detail to me.
    micro sd card

11. droid
    April 21, 04:54 Reply

fail to install package on nexus one

12. anon
    April 21, 07:24 Reply

The flash support on this alpha is worse than the stock cliq xt browser. Can't wait to see hulu support on the final release. 😉

13. Alz
    April 21, 18:31 Reply

Steel browser is much better in terms of UI. I'm disappointed they didn't use the long press zoom/link/share method available in Steel and used a context menu and zoom control instead. I hope Steel gets continued development as well.

Also, could you at least link to the XDA thread rather then just mentioning them -.-