Skyfire 2.0 Brings Flash-Enabled Browsing to All Android Devices

The award-winning web-browser known as Skyfire has come to Android today in the form of Skyfire 2.0. The flash-enabled browser client works on all flavors of Android, even for you 1.5 MOTOBLUR folks! Based on cloud computing, Skyfire 2.0 lets media rich websites load efficiently and without those pesky empty boxes telling you to download a plugin. While the world waits for Android 2.2 to arrive with Flash capability, the rest of us are going to use Skyfire!

Other features in this new release:

• Pinch to zoom (on Android 2.0 and above)
  • Multi-tab browsing – open up to eight windows and browse simultaneously using visual tabs
  • Choose to load full desktop webpages or mobile optimized versions
  • Clear session history easily upon exit to maintain anonymous browsing

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6570 posts

Velocity Micro’s Cruz Tablet: Under $300 with Full Flash Support

With the market for Android-based tablets slowly picking up steam, Velocity Micro, a high-performance custom computer producer out of Richmond, VA, is entering the fray.

Google Maps 6.0 goes indoors with mall, airport maps, and more

Google today unveiled its latest version of their popular Android application, Google Maps, adding support for inside malls and airports.  Now, instead of seeing a generic outline of places such

A Solution for the Phrase, “I’ve Slept Since Then”

I am sure plenty of people can relate to having arguments with others about past events. Where you were, what you ate, who was with you. I am pretty sure my wife and I had one of those last night, but hey, I have slept since then, not sure if I remember the whole thing.

1. bulgar1969
    April 29, 19:49 Reply

Did you select android from the settings instead of Desktop?

2. Veronica
    April 29, 21:45 Reply

I get the box telling me to install Flash, but the videos play. I just went to Fox.com and watched an episode of Bones that I missed last week. This is sweet. I have a feeling that I'm about to get a few people to make the Android switch over the weekend.

3. wrong
    April 29, 19:03 Reply

That's funny, I still get pesky blank boxes telling me to load a plug-in.

4. Scot
    April 29, 21:27 Reply

I still get them as well and also I selected android instead of desktop. Major disappointment.

5. RottenRonnie
    April 29, 21:59 Reply

Unfortunately this isn’t showing in Market & download page brings up error 400:(

6. Zhongy
    April 30, 02:59 Reply

RottenRonnie, just head to Skyfire official page and download and install the app manually.

7. GeeBot
    April 30, 12:32 Reply

Great job SkyFire to get on the Android platform. I know it is still just a beta, but I did have it crash ten+ times yesterday afternoon. To everyone who can't watch flash in SkyFir: You have to click Menu and the little SkyBar pops up on the bottom of the screen. Click Movie and you are golden.

8. Counsel
    April 30, 14:09 Reply

Good news-since I will be upgrading from my iPhone when I move… I like the ability to tell my browser which version of the web-site to load.

9. b.rose
    May 01, 15:34 Reply

Using it right now and so far i'd have to sag it's pretty dang good! Does not yet support Hulu, alas. Also, you can't see the cursor when inputting text, which makes it very difficult to go back and make corrections. Very solid start, overall.

10. khay
    July 13, 18:06 Reply

very nice info. thank you for sharing. like this :p