If you’re like me, anything you can ‘set and forget’ makes your life easier. For managing Wi-Fi, ringer volume, Bluetooth, and more Timeriffic is a great app for all Android phones. I always forget I have this app installed until someone’s phone rings in a meeting. The other day a friend had left his phone (a new DROID) on the table while he stepped out of the room during a meeting. It, of course, began ringing just seconds after he stepped away. I reached over and silenced the phone, but when he came back I made sure to tell him about Timeriffic.
Timeriffic is a free app. I’ve been using it for nearly six months now and have never had a second’s trouble with it. In fact, since it works so well, I do often forget about it. Timeriffic allows you to set up profiles for different days or activities and add various actions to those profiles. Actions you can set within the application are:
- Main Volume
- Notification Volume
- Airplane Mode
If you have APNdroid installed you can also control APNdroid using Timeriffic.
With Timeriffic I set up a weekday profile that does all the following every weekday:
- At 6 a.m.: Set the main volume at 100% and turn vibrate on.
- At 7:30 a.m. (about the time I start my drive to work everyday): Turn on Bluetooth.
- At 8:15 a.m. (about the time I arrive at the office every day): Turn off Bluetooth, turn on Wi-Fi, mute the ringer, and set vibrate to vibrate for ringer but not for notifications
- At 5:00 p.m. (when I SHOULD be leaving the office): Turn on Bluetooth, turn off Wi-Fi, turn the ringer on, set the volume to 100%, turn vibration off
- At 5:45 p.m. (around the time I arrive back home): Turn off Bluetooth, turn on Wi-Fi
- At 10:00 p.m. Turn off Wi-Fi, set the main volume to 80%, set vibrate to vibrate for ringer but not for notifications, turn notification volume to 0%
Once Timeriffic is installed and set up, your Android device automatically changes its configuration at the preset time each day and you don’t have to remember to mute before going into meetings or class or to turn on the bluetooth when you get in the car (or – perhaps if you’re like me more importantly you don’t have to remember to turn it off when you get home so the battery doesn’t run down). You can create different profiles for each day so a separate Saturday profile means bluetooth is on all day while I’m running errands or working outside and a Sunday profile means I never forget to mute my phone before going into church. So easy to just set it and forget it!
A paid app, Locale, offers similar functions based on time as well as location. However, this seemed like a bit of overkill to me and I’ve been very happy with the free Timeriffic app, compared with the $9.99 for Locale.
What apps do you use for set it and forget it convenience on your android device?